• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been here 9 years and it only seems to get worse. The pairings are horrible, the medical sucks, disability sucks, disability on medical is awful, no scope, and no merger protection. I use to get at least 15 days off with commutable trips but now only 12 or 13. This place is a stepping stone and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Oh boy here come the union pushing crybabies. Maybe you should get your vagina looked at, I think it's infected.

Ignore this guy, he is one of the 2%. Even most of the pro union guys don't talk like this. They just want a CBA to try and improve our QOL. This guy wouldn't be happy under any circumstances. The other responses are correct for the most part. Been here 4 1/2 years and extremely happy. It is what you make of it.

Oh boy here come the union pushing crybabies. Maybe you should get your vagina looked at, I think it's infected.

Ignore this guy, he is one of the 2%. Even most of the pro union guys don't talk like this. They just want a CBA to try and improve our QOL. This guy wouldn't be happy under any circumstances. The other responses are correct for the most part. Been here 4 1/2 years and extremely happy. It is what you make of it.

It appears your profile would confirm the "better than a regional" comment.

If I were a betting man I would stake a large sum that you don't even know what you don't know. Please tell me where my asertions are wrong. Put the blue juice down and read for yourself. I know, I know ; we are better than Mesa right?

Our scope is better than Mesa.....oopsy it's not.

Our medical is better than Mesa.... Oops wrong answer.

Our merger protection is better than Mesa..woops wrong again.

Enjoy your travels in the Bluethisphere!

I've been here 9 years and it only seems to get worse. The pairings are horrible, the medical sucks, disability sucks, disability on medical is awful, no scope, and no merger protection. I use to get at least 15 days off with commutable trips but now only 12 or 13. This place is a stepping stone and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

If you've been here 9 years and only get 12-13 days off you may need to re-evaluate your bidding strategy.

I agree, he sounds like a guy that'll complain about a free lunch..........and the PBS software has too many parameters......It's confusing him......
Good place to work, very happy.

My reserve sched next month consists of working Tues-Fri all month. The line was originally built with me working Thurs-Sun all month, but I traded it all around in Flica without much effort. 12 days off in the original schedule, but every JFK 320 FO on RSV received 2 PRL days which makes it 14 days off. PRL means their staffing was so fat that they give everyone a few extra days off. I find the reserve system to be pretty decent overall.

I just finished IOE a few weeks ago, so I am by no means a senior RSV pilot.

My reserve sched next month consists of working Tues-Fri all month. The line was originally built with me working Thurs-Sun all month, but I traded it all around in Flica without much effort. 12 days off in the original schedule, but every JFK 320 FO on RSV received 2 PRL days which makes it 14 days off. PRL means their staffing was so fat that they give everyone a few extra days off. I find the reserve system to be pretty decent overall.

I too am enjoying the extra staffing as of late but keep in mind that the time of fat staffing are RARE!!!! Do not expect it to continue. They had to fatten up for the upgrades that have been delayed.

There is a union vote this month so it doesn't suprise me they gave PRL days. PRL started maybe 3 years ago? I've seen it given maybe 4 times.

I use to get at least 15 days off with commutable trips but now only 12 or 13. This place is a stepping stone and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Not sure how this is happening. Looking at the build up lines (forget the JB name for them), but both the 190 and 320 lines all had 14-17 days off. These are all the trips nobody wanted, so it can't be that bad. A lot of the 320 trips looked commutable on both ends and it seemed like half of the 190 trips were commutable of both ends and the other half were commutable on at least one end. This is in JFK, your base might be different.
Yes improvements must be made. No we don't have SW or Delta's benefit package (yet), but the company is also 11 years old. Go look what Delta and SW were giving for bennies after 11 years of business. ALPA or not, our QOL will improve.
Be as pro-alpa all ya want, but relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

Latest resources

Back