• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did you help create the growth? By being hired?

I like JB. And I'm not commenting on unions, just that your comment didn't make any sense.

By flying more hours per pilot per aircraft than almost any other airline at payrates substantially lower than our peers (for a while anyway) allowing the company to spend more money on more new aircraft and route expansion.

Well genius, the folks in seniority range all get 12 days off with commutable on both ends. I can get 15-16 days off with non-commutable trips. You are a big talker sitting behind your computer, I doubt you would have the balls to talk like that to my face. Enjoy your super regional job. It's a temporary job not a career thanks to clowns like you.

Don't worry, you won't need to make it a career. I'm sure Moak will find you a nice cushy job at national if only you can sway the vote his way. Keep up the hard work. I appreciate all of those free lunches.

*facepalm* You're *at* a major. This is supposed to be a career destination airline. Please expect suitable treatment. "Better than my previous regional" just isn't good enough. Sure, when you're new it feels great for a year or three, then reality sets in that this is it, this is the last stop, so you'd better make it a good one. Think about what conditions are going to be like 5, 10, 20 or more years down the road and act accordingly. Nobody wants bad things to happen (disability, medical issues, mergers, violations) but one or more of these things is likely to happen to you or someone you care about sometime in your career. Better have a plan in mind. Hint: hope is not a plan.

.... Dude, every time I've posted here I've said we should not justify our QOL to a regional, there was some sarcasm there. I haven't worked at a true major, can't tell you of their QOL, but I'm guessin we have ways to go, hence not really a major yet.... We need to earn that. I've been here a year (hence fairly new), but I am very familiar with our shortcomings. I know things need improvement in some areas. That said, I still do love this job, but with caveats.

Last edited:
You are a poster child for the ideal pilot candidate. Its either, #1 hey this is better than Mesa or #2 I'm straight out of the military and the pay is pretty good when you add in my military retirement.

reference the above post.

.... Dude, every time I've posted here I've said we should not justify our QOL to a regional, there was some sarcasm there. I haven't worked at a true major, can't tell you of their QOL, but I'm guessin we have ways to go, hence not really a major yet.... We need to earn that. I've been here a year (hence fairly new), but I am very familiar with our shortcomings. I know things need improvement in some areas. That said, I still do love this job, but with caveats.

I compare my pay and QOL with the guys in my unit (AA, Spirit, Cal, SWA, fedEX, UPS). I'm a 5yr guy and I have the same average amount of time off, and make more than some and not as much as others.........we don't "have a ways to go".
It's a great place to work, but like anyplace, there are guys with "the GRASs is greener" syndrome.
You can make bank here, but you'll be tired. You can drop, and fly the min.
And like everywhere......seniority is a bi/ch......

I compare my pay and QOL with the guys in my unit (AA, Spirit, Cal, SWA, fedEX, UPS). I'm a 5yr guy and I have the same average amount of time off, and make more than some and not as much as others.........we don't "have a ways to go".
It's a great place to work, but like anyplace, there are guys with "the GRASs is greener" syndrome.
You can make bank here, but you'll be tired. You can drop, and fly the min.
And like everywhere......seniority is a bi/ch......

I would consider this a very accurate post. Been here 6 years, even with a very tough commute QOL is pretty good, make pretty good money and enjoy my job. Always things to work on for improvement, but compared to my friends at every other airline, I'm happy with my choice thus far.

CD

Well genius, the folks in seniority range all get 12 days off with commutable on both ends. I can get 15-16 days off with non-commutable trips. You are a big talker sitting behind your computer, I doubt you would have the balls to talk like that to my face. Enjoy your super regional job. It's a temporary job not a career thanks to clowns like you.

I hate to say "lighten up, Francis" because it's so overused but, jeez, lighten up Francis. Sorry you're so unhappy here but a lot of us "yes" votes are not as miserable as you sound. I don't see you advertising your name here so saying somebody is hiding behind their keyboard is kind of hypocritical.

Jim Adams
JetBlue A320 First Officer

+1 on this...

I've been here 9 years and it only seems to get worse. The pairings are horrible, the medical sucks, disability sucks, disability on medical is awful, no scope, and no merger protection. I use to get at least 15 days off with commutable trips but now only 12 or 13. This place is a stepping stone and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Latest resources

Back