• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Pilots Files with N.M.B. for ALPA Representation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They went to Capitol Hill and cock blocked the effort to require 1500 hours to be an FO.

They didn't represent me and they sure as hell didn't represent the safety of the traveling public. They represented the regional airlines need for cheap and inexperienced labor.

Age 65? I missed that vote too.

All I want to know is why the mods haven't moved this thread to the good ol' "Nationals" category.

Everyone who's anyone knows that jetblue isn't a major.

Sheesh!

I can't wait for my $7500/year ALPA sticker... Save up guys, even though it'll take 2-3 years for our first contract-- we'll be paying dues for status-quo right away. My advice would be to wait until we have the contract then pay the lump sum, that way you'll be saving the interest you could earn prior to that and also take the maximum deduction for taxes that year...

In addition to your $7500 bag sticker, you will get ALPA Aeromedical and Legal starting day one. Don't think that they are worth it? Think again. One day you may be sitting in a Chief Pilot's office sweating an "honest mistake" that happened on a flight. One day your AME may say, "Sorry, we've got a problem." Bad things can and will happen during a 30 year career.

Lets get back on subject -- namely what a stupid idea bringing ALPA to JB is. I am always dumbfounded by the sheep that blindly follow ALPA. SWAPA has demonstrated conclusively that an inhouse union is MUCH better than a union that exists for the sole benefit of DL and UA.

In house union is better? Really? How is APA and USAPA doing? As previously said, the ONLY reason SWAPA has done so well is that their management gets it. Treat your people with respect and pay them a decent wage and you will earn their hard work. Treat them just as a number and a drain on the bottom line and you get an haphazard and uncaring workforce.

I guess the executive version of the above is that one has to understand what a union can and cannot do. When the economy tanks, when the price of your labor is significantly undercut by the competition, when oil prices get high, when you get bad management, etc., etc., bad things happen in the airline business and no union on the planet can protect you from the repercussions of those events. If you get that, you're more knowledgeable about unions than 99% of the guys out there.

Well said!

In addition to your $7500 bag sticker, you will get ALPA Aeromedical and Legal starting day one. Don't think that they are worth it? Think again. One day you may be sitting in a Chief Pilot's office sweating an "honest mistake" that happened on a flight. One day your AME may say, "Sorry, we've got a problem." Bad things can and will happen during a 30 year career.

True. But what worth will that have if your furloughed???

The beginning of the end for JB.

Are you guys unable to look at the track record of the ALPA job killing machine ??? you guys are so fast to jump in bed with the smooth talking job killing machine ALPA, just look at what they have do to the career field and the industry ??? WTFO They have done a bang up job for whoooooooooo ????? United ?? Delta ??? Alaska ??? FedEx ???? and the list of unhappy pilot groups and troubled airlines goes on and on....ALPA must have a real come on line right up to the part when you guys pass the vote then they gotcha.....good luck and remember misery loves company..........ALPA will do for Jet Blue what is has done to the rest of the industry ........drive it into the ground with crazy unproductive work rules and contracts that turn pilots into yogurt shop owners first and stay at home pilots that spend all their time trying to duck flying.

Makes me sad to see you go but this is the end of JB if you vote ALPA in.

They get an offer from another airline and cut a deal with no promises, and are unhappy with the results.....so they sue ALPA. It's all ALPA's fault.

Now tell me, what did the TWA pilots expect when their bankrupt carrier is about to die? Did they expect ALPA to wave that magic wand again and get their pilots at a dead carrier a DOH seniority integration with a healthy carrier much better off than theirs? Who in the world could expect ALPA, or any union for that matter, to make a pilot at a bankrupt carrier somehow magically whole again? So again, a pilot's career didn't work out how he planned, his carrier goes bankrupt, and it is ALPA's fault. Then the ALPA bashers have some more "ammo."

Really? The TWA pilots made NO deal. ALPA walked away from the TWA pilots, one of the original ALPO members, without ANY kind of fight or support.

No one expected miracles. We just thought 70 years of dues would get us a little support. It didn't

The beginning of the end for JB.

Are you guys unable to look at the track record of the ALPA job killing machine ??? you guys are so fast to jump in bed with the smooth talking job killing machine ALPA, just look at what they have do to the career field and the industry ??? WTFO They have done a bang up job for whoooooooooo ????? United ?? Delta ??? Alaska ??? FedEx ???? and the list of unhappy pilot groups and troubled airlines goes on and on....ALPA must have a real come on line right up to the part when you guys pass the vote then they gotcha.....good luck and remember misery loves company..........ALPA will do for Jet Blue what is has done to the rest of the industry ........drive it into the ground with crazy unproductive work rules and contracts that turn pilots into yogurt shop owners first and stay at home pilots that spend all their time trying to duck flying.

Makes me sad to see you go but this is the end of JB if you vote ALPA in.
It sounds like you are one of the guys who has been there done that, former union members seem to have different views.

It sounds like you are one of the guys who has been there done that, former union members seem to have different views.

I know the guys brain surgeons (their words of themselves not mine) at United, or the "Professionals" at Delta or the guys at FedEx and on and on and on are so happy they cant contain themselves, ALPA has been a blessing right.......NOT. Have you ever met a pilot that is happy at a ALPA carrier ?? well have you........ lets hear it, lets hear your list of happy pilot groups run by ALPA ???? crickets crickets crickets I thought so, that's right there are none...

the guys at Jet Blue need to be very careful or they may find themselves living in a jungle commune watching the ALPA leadership prepping a big pot of cool aid after company management wont bow to the outrageous no work for big money pilot demands.

The ALPA job killing machine with have the Jet Blue pilots playing with gasoline and matches before you know it.

Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back