• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Phone Screening??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This guy isn't too smart. I don't think I would post this stuff on the internet. Bypassing the call and looking on a public forum for intel. Mentions he was waiting for Airtran to call....

Good chance he won't get invited to an interview....

Sheesh

I'm thinking Catfish isn't that dumb

Catfish managed to get an interview with AirTran and it looks like he's going to be getting the JB call too.

Posting asking for interview gouge? If I were a JB interviewer, I'd think Catfish really wanted to do well on the interview. I don't understand why trying to be as prepared as possible makes you an idiot.

In terms of bypassing the call, maybe he should have let the answering machine get it, but once you answer the phone, sometimes you can't get your A-game together right then and there--Anybody else have kids who decide to get REALLY LOUD when they see the phone next to your ear??? Not necessarily the best environment for success.

I don't think he's said which one is his number one choice yet. It seems like he's trying to land a good job, so what's the problem?

If Catfish posted something to the effect of: "I'd rather work for AirTran, but Jet Blue will be a nice back up option..." -- That would be stupid.

Does Jet Blue even ask if you're applying to other airlines??

Hey furloughed dude, you and I were both furloughed, so how smart are we?

Re: I'm thinking Catfish isn't that dumb

Steeler Fan said:
. . . In terms of bypassing the call, maybe he should have let the answering machine get it, but once you answer the phone, sometimes you can't get your A-game together right then and there--Anybody else have kids who decide to get REALLY LOUD when they see the phone next to your ear??? Not necessarily the best environment for success. . .

...which is another reason why I don't like phone screening interviews.

Best of luck, Catfish. Please keep us posted!

Red

Dumb to be honest?

Well, thanks for all the comments guys. If I'm guilty of being dumb then so be it. If I had..... "bypassed the called to look for info"......, that would be stupid, but it's not the case.

When an interviewer calls at 7:00 PM on April 14, I would hope they might understand that I was finishing up taxes. Okay, say what you want about procrastination, but I don't send them early when I owe money. And like I said, he sounded sincere and I stated that anytime the next day was fine. In hindsight I should have just asked for a few hours.

Yes I said I was waiting for a call from AirTran. I'm in "interview limbo", had the interview, waiting for a decision. I've been pursuing both of these companies for over a year and a half and if and when one of them gives me the "your hired" (picture Trump here) call, I'll do back flips down the street.

As far as questioning on this board, isn't that in the same category as an Interview Prep service (notwithstanding the public view angle)? Do employers turn down pilots because they used Albie or Air Inc?

So in the mean time, I'll keep hanging out. Waiting...........waiting.........

Catfish

Catfish, you didn't do ANYTHING wrong. Keep working to find one of these good jobs. Nobody can expect loyalty until they offer you a job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back