Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CatfishVT9

Anti-Democrat
So I'm sitting here 2 nights ago finishing up my wife's state taxes and the phone rings. I thought it would be AirTran, but it's a guy from Jet Blue wanting to talk for a while.

After my initial shock (I thought they'd never call), he asked if this was a good time to talk or was there a better time. He seemed sincere, so I told him I was knee deep finishing tax returns but I really wanted to talk to him. He re-scheduled to call tonight (friday). I won't miss the call.

Is there anyone who has taken one of these call that can provide insight on their conversation? My search here didn't yield much info other than they will ask some "tell me about a time..." questions and aviationinterviews.com had nothing (really stale data there).

If anyone has additional info I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Catfish

I have heard,

Standard Tell me about a time questions.
Be able to answer, what do you know about jetBlue?

Good luck

Chaz

Notes to self: BEFORE TONIGHT'S CALL....

- For better or worse, this is a full up part of the interview process. Be ready.

- Have a story that fits each of the TAT question you see at Av Interviews

- Ensure you give the answer in a Situation-Action-Result format, with more or less equal time amongst each. Normal reaction would be to spend all your time on the situation. Don't do that.

- Upbeat, learning experinience from every episode, even those with bad outcomes.

- Customer isn't always right--but there IS a way to deal with problems that makes the most people happy.

- Don't be afraid to be enthusiastic, but don't overdo it. Most of all--Be yourself!

When you get your interview, think about pm'ing AlbieF15--he does a great job of prepping for interviews. And no, he does not pay me to say that.

(I do, however, have pictures of him with small farm animals.)

BEST OF LUCK, no kidding! It's a great company--I really enjoy working here, regardless of some of the venom you see on this board.

Some great input. Thanks guys. It won't be too hard to be enthusiastic.

What kinda farm animals...........:D

Catfish

Good advice from Eagleflip. Most important, let us know how it goes! Good luck, try and relax. The people doing these interviews are good stock. They are just looking for good people with genuine answers.

I've helped a lot of folks prep for not only the interview, but for the phone screenings as well. My guarantee is still valid if anyone wants to call and get some help prior to the screening.

As for generic advice--stay positive, and show a genuine respect for the people you serve as well as your co-workers as you shape your responses.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just be honest, relax, and be yourself (easy for me to say). You have a 99 point something chance of being invited to an interview. Congrats and good luck.

Then if you get called in for an interview you get to be interviewed by possibly a flight attendant. Beats me what they know about hiring pilots.

Pilots don't work in a vacuum

"Then if you get called in for an interview you get to be interviewed by possibly a flight attendant. Beats me what they know about hiring pilots."

Don't be so sure. When I interviewed for my Reserve job, it wasn't only pilots on the board, but others in the organization who would be working with me. Non-pilots want to know about what kind of person you are and if you'll be a good fit into the "family".

Anyone with the right credentials can fly an A-320.

Not everyone can fly 4-5 legs a day and still treat the entire team with the respect and professionalism they deserve.

In case you haven't figured it out, Jetblue and Southwest don't hire you for your flying abilities. A flight attendent would be one of the IDEAL people to figure out what you'd be like as part of the team, since they have worked for so many Captains along their careers.

FAs are the number one ambassador for a carrier. You better show you appreciate and will support their contribution. Nobody in the cabin really gives a hoot about the guys flying the jet, but they will go somewhere else if they get an attitude or poor service from the FAs.

See previous post. I suggest you show them how much you value everyone's contribution.

Latest resources

Back