Jet Blue Phone Screening??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to piggy back on Albie's comments:

We do extensive training for the people who are interviewers. Specifically several days of "targeted selection" training and exposure. It's a thorough process and quite honestly, we have a diverse background of folks who represent the HR side of the equation. From backgrounds in maintenance, safety, drug and alcohol abuse as well as flight attendants.

They're all extremely dedicated to bringing the best into the "family". If you don't check your preconceived attitudes at the door, we'll see it rather quickly.

Besides most flight attendants I know at JetBlue are rather perceptive when it comes to evaluating pilots' personalities. I'd give them the time of day for their input hands down!

Happy landings

Best of luck on the phone interview, I'm sure you'll do fine.

I've said it before, but I don't like the idea of these phone screenings for professional positions like that of pilot. Too many variables in play (I spoke with one highly credentialed, outstanding applicant who had an "off" night and got turned down. He would've have walked through fire to fly for jetBlue), and having been trained in and conducted "targeted selection" interviews in the past, I would much prefer determining an applicants "fit" in person as opposed to the impersonable nature of a phone call. If cost is the variable, adjust the initial screening criteria.

Just my opinion.

Red :)

Just to clarify my comments, my response was to b737drvr. I believe the concern was with respect to being interviewed by an FA after you got the call to interview at Forest Hills.

Since I don't conduct nor been subjected to a phone interview, I can't speak on that personally.

Happy landings

b737drivr said:
Then if you get called in for an interview you get to be interviewed by possibly a flight attendant. Beats me what they know about hiring pilots.

Been interviewing at JB for 4 years and the only Flight Attendants that conduct interviews are considered HR side. And I can only think of 2 of them right off the bat in 4 years. We do have them "meet and greet" and do other tasks. One of the 2 that I know that have done interviews is now the Manager of Inflight Recruiting. The other one is now the Manager/Director of Pilot Recruiting. Thats right, none other than Dean Melonas himself. And FWIW, he has extensive background in HR and is one helluva judge of character, pilot or otherwise.

For you aspiring JB'ers ourt there, don't let b737drivr's comment sway you. He is entitled to his opinion, however.

C yaaaa and good luck on the phone interview. Be yourself, like many others have said.

DID I SCREW UP???????

Well, it's 10:00 and the call was supposed to happen at 7:00. I sure thought I was getting a return call tonight. I also thought for sure I conveyed that I was very interested in the company.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Catfish:(

I'm sure you probably got put on the backlog to get called back. Probably the call back list was too large to get completed in one night. I wouldn't sweat it. Probably happen soon. Good luck and keep your chin up. That will be critical so that you are mentally ready when the call comes.

crjdude

Something probably just came up that prevented him from calling you back. These phone calls are done by line pilots who do additional duty for the Pilot Recruitment Team. When you get the call back, I'm sure it will be with an apology and an explanation. Don't agonize over it. Just be ready for the call when it comes.

Re: DID I SCREW UP???????

CatfishVT9 said:
Well, it's 10:00 and the call was supposed to happen at 7:00. I sure thought I was getting a return call tonight. I also thought for sure I conveyed that I was very interested in the company.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Catfish:(
You don't suppose he reads this forum, do you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back