• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue pay raise a done deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The good, bad, and ugly: Good: trip and duty rigs finally industry-standard. Amazingly the trips are much improved now that the company has to actually pay us for our time... Money is significantly better than before. Bad: can still be scheduled to FARs. Insurance and STD/LTD/LOL still massively sub-par. Ugly: no scope protection yet. Hoping my E190 job is not going to be operated by Republic next week....

Keep in check that the current direct relationship just started 7 months ago. We all knew this was coming since June. There are many improvements still needed. The work rules committee is rumored to be close to providing their results on some stick issues and also fixing reserve. You all need to remember how quickly this happened, once the current system was put into motion.

I'll be the first to agree that it was all implemented and put into action about 2 years later than it should've been, but it took many steps and actions for it all to gel into the current iteration. Without the JBPA vote last Feb. I don't think we'd be here right now. Had JBPA been voted in, I can assure you we'd be nowhere close to what we have today. Quit acting like what we've accomplished recently is not good. It is. There's a lot of work to continue, but I think the precedent has been set and Mike Barger's promises have paned out. We must continue to hold the company's feet to the fire to continue improving the rest.

But let's face it. We all asked for industry average rates without factoring in a blended high time analysis. We got it.

We asked for industry standard rigs. We got most of them.

Show me a recent example of any union getting this much delta V in so short of a time. I supported JBPA and am glad now it failed. I think we are way better off and I will continue to have high expectations of our direct relationship. If it starts to die off quickly, I'll be the first to push for Alpa.

Let's remember what was accomplished and be proud and happy it had that "happy ending"... so far.

Tailhookah

Hi!

Actually, the 16 hour max duty day in the contract IS good. Depending on your FAA Regional Office and/or FSDO you can be Part 121 and have an indefinite Duty Day...way beyond 16 hours for a two-crew aircraft.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

Actually, the 16 hour max duty day in the contract IS good. Depending on your FAA Regional Office and/or FSDO you can be Part 121 and have an indefinite Duty Day...way beyond 16 hours for a two-crew aircraft.

cliff
NBO

Who let this guy in!? :confused:

Keep in check that the current direct relationship just started 7 months ago. We all knew this was coming since June. There are many improvements still needed. The work rules committee is rumored to be close to providing their results on some stick issues and also fixing reserve. You all need to remember how quickly this happened, once the current system was put into motion.

I'll be the first to agree that it was all implemented and put into action about 2 years later than it should've been, but it took many steps and actions for it all to gel into the current iteration. Without the JBPA vote last Feb. I don't think we'd be here right now. Had JBPA been voted in, I can assure you we'd be nowhere close to what we have today. Quit acting like what we've accomplished recently is not good. It is. There's a lot of work to continue, but I think the precedent has been set and Mike Barger's promises have paned out. We must continue to hold the company's feet to the fire to continue improving the rest.

But let's face it. We all asked for industry average rates without factoring in a blended high time analysis. We got it.

We asked for industry standard rigs. We got most of them.

Show me a recent example of any union getting this much delta V in so short of a time. I supported JBPA and am glad now it failed. I think we are way better off and I will continue to have high expectations of our direct relationship. If it starts to die off quickly, I'll be the first to push for Alpa.

Let's remember what was accomplished and be proud and happy it had that "happy ending"... so far.

Tailhookah
The direct relationship did not start 7 months ago. It started with the introduction of the E190 then the firing of the PCG and then the PCRB punt then the big lie of being kicked in the teeth.

Without Scope, which would have been JOB 1 of JBPA, you may only get to enjoy industry average for a few years.

JetBlue has got to be the most short sighted pilot group in the Biz.

We are all happy that we saw some raises.. My retro check was $5000 for the last 5 months so doing some quick math my pay bump was approximately $12,000 per year flying high credit as a year 4 FO on the bus..

A 190 capt gets nearly 37% bump....

A raise is not enough for me to become blind to the fact that we need a cba.. Not that i am a union nazi but that it is basic business common sense.

One such example is that the company was unable to establish a pilot fund to help pilots in need. A small group of pilots had to take it on themselves.

We have a long way to go but i am happy to see the process working.

Ask the Airtran guys how there CBAs going...ask American guys when they will get there's back, ask a United guy why a Jetblue guys makes more money on the same aircraft...ask a Delta guy if they will ever stop selling out scope.
Good on the B6 guys, the threat of a union is really better than having one.

Ask the Airtran guys how there CBAs going...ask American guys when they will get there's back, ask a United guy why a Jetblue guys makes more money on the same aircraft...ask a Delta guy if they will ever stop selling out scope.
Good on the B6 guys, the threat of a union is really better than having one.

We should instead have only been bench marked against Non-union airlines if the threat of a union is better than having one? Good one 9rj9. Brilliant.

But their pay and benefits were and are worse than our former rates at JetBlue's.

The only reason JetBlue was able to get the pay bump was because each of these pilot group you are attempting to look down your nose at had better contracts section for section than JetBlue and every other non-union airline.

Remember at JetBlue when they need to furlough we will not be. We will be non-renewed err fired out of seniority order. That is so much better than recall rights at those union airlines.

Last edited:
Hi!

I have had more than one 24-25 hour duty day with a crew of 2 (or 2 pilots and flight attendents), Part 121, all FAA approved and legal.

That is why the new Flight/Duty/Rest changes will be good (hopefully it will apply to ALL Part 121!). There will be no more 16 hour duty days for 2 crews, so the FARS will be more restrictive than the JB contract.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back