Jet Blue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Afixedwing

Had a Jet Blue jumpseater several days ago tell me about an upcoming open house this month/next month.
Anyone know when and where?
Also, what are the odds of getting FLL right out of class?

thanks

Had a Jet Blue jumpseater several days ago tell me about an upcoming open house this month/next month.
Anyone know when and where?
Also, what are the odds of getting FLL right out of class?

thanks

Hello Blue Pilots:

Please pass the word that we are hosting a Pilot Open House on Thursday, April 19 at the Orlando Support Campus from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Attached is an eflyer for you to send to competitive candidates interested in joining the JetBlue Team. Our previous events have been extremely successful as you continue to invite Pilots that emulate our values and reflect the same high level of professionalism as you.

The Open House is a great opportunity for candidates to get a good taste of our culture. During their visit we showcase the campus with tours conducted by the Flt Ops Training Team. The Flt Ops and Training Leadership Team gather candidates in the Auditorium for an overview of the "JetBlue Pilot Job" and solicit questions while providing candid answers. Candidates also meet with a Pilot Recruiter to review their resume and clarify questions or concerns.

Thank you for helping us promote this event and for your contribution in growing our culture!

Verna Kay
Director, Pilot Recruitment

I suspect you could get FLL within 4 to 6 months out of training. Given the attrition rates it could be sooner. Holding a line in FLL could be closer to a year. Also, reserve FO's at FLL(good or bad) do not fly very much.

Why the attrition?

because we were naive (or some say stupid) for hiring furloughed guys from DELTA,USAIR, UNITED etc.etc. without having them resign from their carrier. (with that said, most of the furloughed guys we hired are great guys, who will be missed)

the other reason, just like they did at SWA, AMERICA WEST, TWA in the 90's, guys are going to higher paying carriers. its the nature of the beast.

Lousy pay compared to LUV/FDX/UPS. First year pay is lowered.

Here's the high-lights. (low-lights?)

Starting pay ALL SEATS (A320-E190) is $47/hour​

401K now 5%​

No B fund​

NO STOCK OPTIONS. (Used to get 6000!)​

Oh yes... and knowing that the last A-320, $125,000 plus captain is already on the property.​

But, People are OK, Pref bidding rocks, all the snacks you can eat and you can look like a criminal in a goatee so who needs pay?

Here's the high-lights. (low-lights?)

Starting pay ALL SEATS (A320-E190) is $47/hour​
401K now 5%​
No B fund​
NO STOCK OPTIONS. (Used to get 6000!)​
Oh yes... and knowing that the last A-320, $125,000 plus captain is already on the property.​
But, People are OK, Pref bidding rocks, all the snacks you can eat and you can look like a criminal in a goatee so who needs pay?

1. Sure lower first year pay, but better rates on 3 seats (counting the first 190 raise). I said better. Definitely room for improvement (especially in year 2 bus FO and all CA rates).

2. 5% 401k AND 5% guaranteed profit sharing payment.

3. B fund being looked at. Apr 16? Go check that email you got from SG again.

4. Stock Options? WHO THE F- CARES. Of the pilot group, I bet 75% plus are under water. Time is clicking away btw. I got in before the split which really means I have 3,000 more worthless options than you do.

5. Mark my words, we will soon become an Embraer airline. The Bus side movement is minimal. They just said no upgrades in the May bid (for June) and promptly slid two May classes in order to get our pitiful FO training program back on track. Don't expect any upgrades during the summer -- it's just cheaper to RSA then it is to pay monthly CA guarantees. Attrition may solve some of your upgrade problems, but with the fence coming down and all, who knows. At 50-70 a year, that makes it a 4-6 year upgrade for me (low 1200s) FROM TODAY. That's without anymore delivery snafus or Airbii sales.

Note: the last CA bid went surprisingly deep into the seniority list (low 900s). There are still a lot of bubbas bypassing because reserve is now at 17 months and counting (ref: a CA friend of mine). He predicts 2-3 more months. Reserve improvements could go both ways. Maybe some dudes who have been bypassing will fleet up, maybe not. I of course put my Bus CA bid in for any seniority level. Maybe I will snag the left seat on a wild pitch. But to pass up the seat (and the PIC) could prove disastrous (read Embraer comment again) for those determined to wait.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

Please excuse the ignorance but the above comment is just based on what is already on the property correct?

Please excuse the ignorance but the above comment is just based on what is already on the property correct?

200 A-320 on order or on property. Manning currently at 7-7.5 Crews per bus. 200 X 7.5 = 1500. Currently 1700 (+) on property.

I agree We'll se more E-190 before Airbus.

Latest resources

Back