Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

32LT10

Just read a story, http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/
it is about a 1/4 of the way down the page, on this site about a JBlu f/a that was fired for falling asleep after a fatigue call.

I am surprised the company did not tell her she would not be able to sleep in FLL as it was 3 hours different from her "body" time and all jetblew employees know that you can only get proper rest in your home time. That is why transcon turns make sense, right? She would feel so much more rested if she would only fly back to lgb.

Did she violate the FAR's by accepting this assignment? Did jblew knowingly force her to take an FAR illegal assignment?

32LT10 said:
Just read a story, http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/
it is about a 1/4 of the way down the page, on this site about a JBlu f/a that was fired for falling asleep after a fatigue call.

I am surprised the company did not tell her she would not be able to sleep in FLL as it was 3 hours different from her "body" time and all jetblew employees know that you can only get proper rest in your home time. That is why transcon turns make sense, right? She would feel so much more rested if she would only fly back to lgb.

Did she violate the FAR's by accepting this assignment? Did jblew knowingly force her to take an FAR illegal assignment?

"Queenoffsky journalspace"? Where else do you get your hard hitting unbiased news! What a joke!

I knew this flight attendant, she'd also sleep with any pilot too... Another stupid posting from our friendly LT...

Legal to start, legal to finish. Doesn't mean you're not tired

BLUE BAYOU said:
I knew this flight attendant, she'd also sleep with any pilot too... Another stupid posting from our friendly LT...

Do you have her number? I'll check out how easily she fatigues and report back.

Hey Blue just because you don't like the person does not mean you have to trash her here. You are making all pilots look bad by making statements like that. UBA757

As a captain, I wouldn't have left with those flight attendants if they told me they were fatigued. FLL is a F/A domicile and JB would have eventually found someone.

As far as being "forced to fly"...I would say she was pressured by the company, but not forced. We're not in the old USSR.

I've called in fatigued at least twice in my 12+ years with the airlines. I got the same story..."We're gonna have to cancel it if you don't fly it!". After a half second of thinking about it I responded with, "Well, I guess you'll have to cancel the flight then".

JB and some flight attendents really like the transcon turn as it saves a bunch of money in hotel costs and per diem. The problem is that, in my opinion, they can't deliver the "JB experience" to the customers when they're tired. Transcon turns are fatiguing (sp?), but are especially so at night.

GP

uba757 said:
Hey Blue just because you don't like the person does not mean you have to trash her here. You are making all pilots look bad by making statements like that. UBA757

And you thought my reply held a breadth of truth? It was a simple reply to another one of 32LT10's bashing of JBLU. I haven't a clue about this flight attendant, nor if the story is even true. There is no doubt that F/As here get fatigued, but they do it to themselves. Some F/As here do multiple Transcon turns 3-4 nights in a row and take the rest of the month off... I've personally not seen one fall asleep on a flight with the many encounters I've had with Transcon turn crews (LAS, ONT); and they certainly know of the consequences if they fall asleep on duty and are caught in the cabin by a supervisor-- our cameras can not be used for disciplinary purposes although if I ever caught one napping on camera, I'd just buzz em for a potty break by hitting the FWD call button if they're all in the back-- makes em get up and move, heheh...

Latest resources

Back