Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
Just read a story, http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/
it is about a 1/4 of the way down the page, on this site about a JBlu f/a that was fired for falling asleep after a fatigue call.

I am surprised the company did not tell her she would not be able to sleep in FLL as it was 3 hours different from her "body" time and all jetblew employees know that you can only get proper rest in your home time. That is why transcon turns make sense, right? She would feel so much more rested if she would only fly back to lgb.

Did she violate the FAR's by accepting this assignment? Did jblew knowingly force her to take an FAR illegal assignment?

32IQ10

You can't spell very well, and I'll bet you don't comprehend what you read. Have your mother or other responsible adult read this to you.

JetBlue offered to provide rest accomodations, as stated in the article. Crewmember agrees to continue, legally. Someone reports her falling asleep on the job. JetBlue treats this as a terminable offense.

If you think this shouldn't be taken seriously, please let us know why you feel that way. I can wait until you're up from your nap.

3BCat said:
32IQ10

JetBlue offered to provide rest accomodations, as stated in the article. Crewmember agrees to continue, legally.

Telling a fatigued crewmember that you will deadhead them from that city to another city and then put them in a hotel sure sounds like coercion to continue the trip. I wonder what Jet Blue's POI would have to say about it.

This episode, if true, is very troubling, especially when you consider that this same airline wants an exemption from the FAA for the 8 hour flight rule for pilots.

Someone reports her falling asleep on the job. JetBlue treats this as a terminable offense.
[/quote]

Vastly Underemp said:
Legal to start, legal to finish. Doesn't mean you're not tired

Not neccessarily, Duty restrictions still apply. They are not something you can forgo to get the flight home. My question is about F/A duty days. Does anyone know what if any limits they have and did Jblew force this person into a violation.

I really like how she was ratted out by one of the other crewmembers. Lovely in a non-union airline that you don't have a PSC to address these concerns. Instead you make an accusation and then you get them fired. Wonder if they could do this to the pilotos also?

Ty Webb said:
Telling a fatigued crewmember that you will deadhead them from that city to another city and then put them in a hotel sure sounds like coercion to continue the trip. I wonder what Jet Blue's POI would have to say about it.

This episode, if true, is very troubling, especially when you consider that this same airline wants an exemption from the FAA for the 8 hour flight rule for pilots.

POI's have no regulatory guidance or grounds to determine deadhead after duty.

Deadheading to a hotel because no hotels in town...$50

Falling asleep at work, getting caught, getting fired and then blabbing it all over the internet...$100

Trying to put the blame on the airline.........wait for it.........PRICELESS!

A DH is still part of a duty day. You can not DH and not call it duty. I am afraid these issues show why so many are concerned with the rest issues and Jblew. Your lack of understanding about basic FAR's and what constitutes duty time is scary.

The pilots allowing these fa's that called in fatigued to continue also raise some serious questions about the operation and how it addresses the safety of the airline.

32LT10 said:
The pilots allowing these fa's that called in fatigued to continue also raise some serious questions about the operation and how it addresses the safety of the airline.

Amen, brother!

GP

32whatever....

Now don't you worry yourself about the fate of some poor JetBlue F/A and whether it serves as a harbinger of even more diabolical things brewing at Forest Hills. The flying business teaches experienced pilots that one should never jump out of their skin at the first indication of a problem and over-react. Better to hack your watch and wait before jumping to conclusions and screwing the pooch.

The analogy applies in this case as well since absolutely none of us have any "first-hand" knowledge of what actually happened. You could bet your next paycheck on the fact that there is very likely much more to this story than what has been published on some questionable internet site.

Now, with that said, why don't you pull your sorry excuse for a p@#$% out of the forementioned pooch's backside and go slither back to that slimy hole you crawled out of.

Deadheading is indeed part of duty, since it would be transportation not local in nature, however, would she have exceeded duty time had she done so?

I know nothing more of her story than is published, but if the narrative is correct, it appears she could have been flown to NY and still been within duty limits.

Sorry 32LT10, but once again you agenda shines through and your continual diatribes against jetblue are becoming most tiresome!

32IQ10 Couldn't find a responsible adult to help you...

32LT10 said:
A DH is still part of a duty day. You can not DH and not call it duty. I am afraid these issues show why so many are concerned with the rest issues and Jblew. Your lack of understanding about basic FAR's and what constitutes duty time is scary.

If you call off work, (and don't continue working) you get released from duty. You can deadhead all the way to Dubai if you want to.

Show me the regulation that controls deadhead after duty.

Common sense isn't your strong suit is it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back