• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Called!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typically, we actually say "goodbye" to our customers (and since our planes are full) it takes 15 minutes to do that. Additionally, we do perform some light cleaning, another 10 minutes. Changeover takes another 5 minutes. Walking out the terminal, another 10 minutes... Stopping for a burritto, 5 minutes. SO 45 minutes after landing sounds about right, heheh....

OK, I'll bite. Is it possible that the van driver had no idea where the crew was? Perhaps he wanted to wait for the next inbound flight to land so he wouldn't have to drive all the way to the hotel and back to pick up the next crew.

I've patiently waited for other crews and have heard the same complaint from the van drivers regarding other crews. I've also heard, "I (the van driver) was late due to (non-existant) traffic or I circled three times, you guys weren't out front." Believe what you will, but I will give the benifit of the doubt to my fellow pilots.

See ya in SMF and I'll buy,

Counselair

PS- I'll make a request to the Chief Pilots Office to issue rollarskates to the crews so we won't be such an inconvenience while we're bringing down the industry.;)

Last edited:
Tom,

Wait a minute on the rollerskates call! Otherwise the leather jackets may be at the 5 year point.

Happy landings,

Counselair said:
OK, I'll bite. Is it possible that the van driver had no idea where the crew was? Perhaps he wanted to wait for the next inbound flight to land so he wouldn't have to drive all the way to the hotel and back to pick up the next crew.

I've patiently waited for other crews and have heard the same complaint from the van drivers regarding other crews. I've also heard, "I (the van driver) was late due to (non-existant) traffic or I circled three times, you guys weren't out front." Believe what you will, but I will give the benifit of the doubt to my fellow pilots.

See ya in SMF and I'll buy,

Counselair

PS- I'll make a request to the Chief Pilots Office to issue rollarskates to the crews so we won't be such an inconvenience while we're bringing down the industry.;)

In my experience, the only people who really know what is going on with an airlines schedule are the van drivers. If only the CSMs could be as knowledgable.

Counselair,

I don't believe the van driver over pilots, but when he said it takes them 45 minutes to an hour to get out, it made me curious. We (mostly the capt) also say goodby to pax, but my walkaround is already done by the time the final pax are leaving. When the last pax is gone, the Capt kills the power and we are out of there.

We are typically ready get out of there and have a beer; the last time I hung out in the SMF bar with jetblue they seemed to be the same way ;) . Just curious...sorry for the thread creep.:)

You guys are slow, I'm already drinking (or sleeping) 45 minutes after block-in. .

had a buddy from WN apply to B6 last year. got called 2 weeks after applying. interviewed, allegedly got hired and decided to stay with WN.
i guess he figured the grass is always greener.

countryflyer,
thanks, not really..

Turbine PIC total=(Jet+turbine props)
Jet PIC total=

are they the same for you?

thanks again, sorry for the confusion.

Good luck dude!

shagadelic said:
Not to change the subject....but in Sacramento the other night, we were running late and had a short overnight to begin with. The van driver said "sorry, but we have to wait for 2 JBlue pilots." We said where are they? He said they landed about 45 minutes ago and should be along any minute. He said the Jblue guys always take about 45 minutes. We waited 20 minutes and finally said this is BS, especially since there was 2 vans there. He finally took us and another SWA crew.

My question is, what in the heck do you guys do when you terminate an aircraft? I do a 5 minute walk-around while the captain shuts it down and we leave. Not trying to toss stones, just generally interested in what takes so long...or was this just an isolated incident? Thanks.

Actually we are cleaning the toilets. The cool thing is since I upgraded I get to use the f/o's toothbrush. Also on the way out I like to stop by the food court and see if they need help cleaning too. It's good to know that I can always fall back on Merry Maids for a job.

Latest resources

Back