• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JeppView FliteDeck Update ?@%$*

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm using the enroute chart portion because i have a bluetooth GPS hooked up to the system. Before i believe i was running about 10 percent of the software capabilities.

Now with the gps overlaying the enroute maps, the aproach plates and giving me a ton of info i believe i'm using close to 100 percent of the info. I haven't pulled a paper plate in quite a while.

It did take me a long time to find the keyboard to put the airport info in. They moved it up to the right side top corner.

Honestly though are they trying to make this software as complicated as they can? The enroute portion is on the left side then you move to the right side then click execute then back to the left side. Jesus.

But the BT GPS is amazing.

Diesel said:
I'm using the enroute chart portion because i have a bluetooth GPS hooked up to the system. Before i believe i was running about 10 percent of the software capabilities.

Now with the gps overlaying the enroute maps, the aproach plates and giving me a ton of info i believe i'm using close to 100 percent of the info. I haven't pulled a paper plate in quite a while.

It did take me a long time to find the keyboard to put the airport info in. They moved it up to the right side top corner.

Honestly though are they trying to make this software as complicated as they can? The enroute portion is on the left side then you move to the right side then click execute then back to the left side. Jesus.

But the BT GPS is amazing.

so with the bt gps you get info on freq's, firs, etc on the enroute section? we still use paper enroutes due to the lack of info on jeppview.

Yes i couldn't believe the information that I get now with the BT GPS. It was simple to install and you can really do a lot of info. Time, distance to each waypoint, freq's for the atc, wx you name it. It's really cool watching the plane on the aproach fly around.

Also it gives you altitude information so you know if you're going to hit a mountain, airspace or anything like that on the profile view.

http://www.anywheremap.com/detail.aspx?ID=141

This is the gps unit i used. Charge it and it's good for 10 hours. I just throw it up on the dash and it works fine, through a heated or non heated windshield.

Diesel,
Do you use it with it with the Fujitsu EFB?

What type of aircraft are you using it in?

I'm not overly impressed with the latest update... Seems to be more cumbersome than the old version...

I have to say, the electronic enroute charts are nearly worthless, so much information is missing on them. I think Jepp should abandon the electronic enroute charts, and focus 100% of their effort on making the Terminal charts as good as possible, leave the enroute charts as paper...

I'm using a fujitsu 2500 from flight deck research. I liked the way they didn't rely on a specific pen to make the tablet work. You can use your finger, pen or anything.

I've used the tablets in a coule of different planes but my primary usage is in a King Air 90 with a bluetooth pcmia card working with a BT GPS and a BT WXWorx hub for weather.

Honestly though i never used the enroute charts before i hooked it up with GPS. I've also been experimenting about making you're route run over your jetway which is more point and drag.

I do think the whole program needs to be revamped. It's too confusing, unuser friendly. It was designed by engineers for pilots to ADAPT to. Not designed by pilots for engineers to make work.

Thanks, I have the Fijitsu on a G5 and feel that without the GPS the system is really lacking. I have tried to incorporate an external GPS but it has never worked. If someone has one that is working please let me know.

Gulfstream is he11 bent on not making any of the position information available to the current G5/G4 owners. I can see their point, their is really no increased revenue for them and if you want that type of information buy a 350/450/550.

What they (or someone else who wants to incorporate an STC) is missing, is the fact that their is a 600+ aircraft market available (475+ G4's and 150+ G5's). That would be interested in a retro fit. Right now all I do is get approach plates replicated, it's nice and it saves me doing European revisions but the system really has so much more to offer.

Last edited:
G4G5 try the unit i use. It works through heated glass and is a BT unit that runs for 10 hours. They have a return policy so i would give it a shot. It really opened up the whole program.

I read an article about fedex going paperless. It showed pictures of how their version of software works. Way better than ours. Basically it gives you airport and you enter that. Then you choose all the aprch plates you'll be needing for your flight. Then you can cycle through them. Much like a clipboard on our units but it seemed much more user friendly.

G4G5--A friend of mine was working on a system to link a handheld GPS to a tablet for "technology-defecient" TWA planes in 2000. I'll check with him to see how far he got.

The charts on our 550's work just fine... Except for the times when there's a big red "X" across the whole friggin' display! ;) TC

Latest resources

Back