JeppView FliteDeck Update ?@%$*

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyWithSean

Has anyone else enjoyed the new update to JeppView as much as me? I mean who at Jeppesen thought this new update was a good idea? My favorite is looking at the approaches and having the profile view not being one of the items shown.

FlyWithSean said:
Has anyone else enjoyed the new update to JeppView as much as me? I mean who at Jeppesen thought this new update was a good idea? My favorite is looking at the approaches and having the profile view not being one of the items shown.

Sean,

After playing with the new and improved JeppView, I found that you can get the profile view by tapping on the plan view. This will display the full approach plate, however it will still be a in the split view with the header section displayed at the bottom of the screen. Becuase of this, the plate is too small to read. To enlarge the plate you must go to the icon on the right side of the page to remove the split screen. Only after doing that will you have a useable display. How user-friendly is that?

I can only assume that this update was designed by some computer geek who has never flown anything bigger than FS2004.

C425Driver

The advantage of the new approach plate display is in split mode the thing is actually big enough to read. The old full plate view usually required zooming in, at least a little, and then scrolling around the plate to the area you needed to see.

We've discovered that in split mode you can also zoom to either the top or bottom part of the screen independently.

You tap once in the part you where you want to zoom which places a blue border around that part. Having done that, the +/- zoom buttons in the upper right hand corner will zoom just that piece of the plate.

The 3 of us on my airplane didn't like the new FliteDeck format at first either, but we've grown to like it after figuring out how to make it work.

Don't get me wrong there are some things I do like about the new update such as the ability to easily switch between arrivals, approaches, and airport diagrams. I also like that you can fill the screen with the chart.
Its just a little crazy though that you can't change preferences to allow the entire approach plate to come up on the screen when you select the approach. The fact that the profile view doesnt come up is my biggest complaint.
I also found it funny that Jeppesen said the update was going to be a minor change.

I got an email from a buddy of mine about the new jeppview update. I mean what can be wrong with an update.

Ugh talk about an big download and quite a change. Actually though I've gotten used to the split view and you can really zoom in on certain sections.

One thing i've noticed is if you don't look at the whole chart you might miss important information because the chart is cut.

Anybody using the black backgorund with the blue buttons. I'm trying that view.

Been out twice with the update. First couple of days I was not happy. Getting used to it now. Try organizing all of the plates you want on the Clipboard by tapping the plus. Down in the lower right corner is a Full Chart View button to quickly change the view to the familiar one you like. Anyone using the Enroute Charts? There is a lot of info missing, such as the requirement to radio ahead to Tel Aviv with your tail number by a certain distance (forgot how far). I am not relying on anything but the plates.

flyjetspeed said:
Been out twice with the update. First couple of days I was not happy. Getting used to it now. Try organizing all of the plates you want on the Clipboard by tapping the plus. Down in the lower right corner is a Full Chart View button to quickly change the view to the familiar one you like. Anyone using the Enroute Charts? There is a lot of info missing, such as the requirement to radio ahead to Tel Aviv with your tail number by a certain distance (forgot how far). I am not relying on anything but the plates.

none of the f.i.r. boundry requirements are on the enroute section. anywhere in the world, not just tel aviv. and off the top of my head isn't it 175 miles for tel aviv or you get the hold?

6 months or so ago I noticed lots of details missing from the Jeppview enroute charts. I contacted Jeppesen tech support and was told that the Jeppview enroute data base was incomplete and they were working on it. No ETC.

You'd think they'd have some big disclaimer that you'd have to acknowledge that those charts cannot be used for navigation, wouldn't you?

Anyway, for the time being, it's still old fashioned paper for enroute charts.

Latest resources

Back