• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Suck it up and reap the benefits in less than 4 years.

Try more like 8 - 10 years (assuming no furloughs, more concessions or age 70). Then how long til upgrade, weekends/holidays off. Some of us don't have the luxury of 30 more years.

$30 per hour and no health care for six months? Are you kidding? Your wide body Captains max out less then $200 per hour. You seriously have got to be FN sarcastic to post that. Please tell me you're joking.

And your airline starts at $22. If find CAL's 2 yr expired concessionary contract to be so revolting why don't you do something about your own new hire pay? Better yet why do your CRJ-900 seat capts still make a paltry fraction of what a 737 capt makes under our garbage contract? Oh wait never mind, your management treats you great! Shouldn't rock the boat or might miss out on more growth! Don't toss rocks in a glass house shiny jet captain...

Last edited:
$30 per hour and no health care for six months? Are you kidding? Your wide body Captains max out less then $200 per hour. You seriously have got to be FN sarcastic to post that. Please tell me you're joking.

We have yet to, "take it back" but at less than 6 years of seniority FO, I make more than an 18 year captain at SkyWest flying a 90 seat aircraft. So please tell me YOU are joking.

IMHO, regional pilots sound more righteous than anyone else and most have been there so long they no longer get it.

And your captains max out at? With what B fund match? Tell us about how great you have it flying that regional jet. I'll make 120K this year as a copilot and that is working under a concessionary contract that sucks as we all know. What is your starting pay? No I am not kidding. We will fix our contract. That will include taking back the flying our brothers on the United side had to give up in bankruptcy. No sarcasm here. You and your guppy killer buds might want to start looking for pic time asap as you'll need it to fly the same aircraft you are flying today(provided you have a college degree etc. to get hired at UAL) for the benefits you deserve to have as an airline pilot.

The sad part is that you are comparing your "legacy" to a regional. Very sad.

And your airline starts at $22. If find CAL's 2 yr expired concessionary contract to be so revolting why don't you do something about your own new hire pay? Better yet why do your CRJ-900 seat capts still make a paltry fraction of what a 737 capt makes under our garbage contract? Oh wait never mind, your management treats you great! Shouldn't rock the boat or might miss out on more growth! Don't toss rocks in a glass house shiny jet captain...

Someone else comparing their "legacy" to a regional. You guys are lost.

We have yet to, "take it back" but at less than 6 years of seniority FO, I make more than an 18 year captain at SkyWest flying a 90 seat aircraft. So please tell me YOU are joking.

IMHO, regional pilots sound more righteous than anyone else and most have been there so long they no longer get it.

Keep up that legacy v. regional comparison. No **** the regional's make less. When are you guys going to look forward instead of peering into and dreaming about the past.

Does anyone want to compare a legacy to a legacy around here?

Starting over even in the late 1990's meant taking a short term pay cut. I'm sorry if you and ole Joe Merchant can't afford to do so today. That is your problem. You chose to try and live a life you couldn't afford on regional pay and now you have subjected you and your family to a life of complete mediocracy. Suck it up and reap the benefits in less than 4 years. Or fly that code share aircraft for 30 cents on the dollar for the rest of your life hoping for a shot at Spirit or Allegient.

It is not about affording the move. I just don't see the reason or benifit. There is nothing stellar in your contract. The good thing about my stagnated career progression, is that I learned to diversify. My family life is second to none due to proper planning and if SkyWest goes out of business, it would be a mere speed bump for a month or two.

Latest resources

Back