JBLUE 4th QTR Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Siegel said:
I never said I worked for Southwest. I just hope when I get there, I don't ever have to fly with CanyonBlue.
Don't trouble your teeny, little mind.
You'll NEVER get there.
They only hire top quality people, not some mud-slinging wannabe.

oldxfr8dog said:
Don't trouble your teeny, little mind.
You'll NEVER get there.
They only hire top quality people, not some mud-slinging wannabe.

They hired Canyonblue, and I have way more quality than him. Hey Canyon, that STFU that you gave Goggles REALLY shows your lack of class--and you want ME banned--Just Remember, kids read this stuff from time to time, so keep it clean.

firstthird said:
I think that it has been discussed before that "Dave Siegel" of thecanyon blue avatar does not work for SWA. He appears to be aflame-baiter. So, please don't think he has a direct lineto Herb or Colleen or Gary, or that scheduling even has a direct lineto him for some JA action.

Some of you people need to start taking Prozac.

Wouldn't it be quite ironic if in FACT the person calling himself "Dave Siegal" was a Southwest Captain..... simply having a little fun with the Jetblue Pilots on the internet here.

Wouldn't it be sad that a few Southwest Pilots (who are taking their internet experience a little too seriously) got caught up in this little banter, and showed what real little dweebs they can be.

This is a Jetblue thread isn't it. Aren't the Southwest Pilots on flightinfo supposed to be parading around getting their a$$ kissed on some other SWA thread elsewhere.... pretending to be the "big men on campus kings of aviation now".

Some of you Southwest FO's here have lost touch with reality, sarcasm, and humor. Its quite embarassing.

Mx Contracts....

hey Dave, do you actually know what the terms of the mx contracts are at JB? Probably not.

Here's a lesson in how to run a business 101: If a company only pays for mx when a plane breaks..and the fleet is brand new, as opposed to paying a flat fee for fixing planes that aren't going to break because they are new....that's smart biz!

A few years later, as the planes get to be older and need more mx, then, the airline cuts contracts which are firm fixed price. I'm sure that is what jB will end up doing.

1-tacan-rule said:
hey Dave, do you actually know what the terms of the mx contracts are at JB? Probably not.

DO YOU???? Probably not, but I think I have the general idea, and I haven't had any of the Blue People dispute it, so I must be on to something.

1-tacan-rule said:
If a company only pays for mx when a plane breaks..and the fleet is brand new, as opposed to paying a flat fee for fixing planes that aren't going to break because they are new....that's smart biz!

A few years later, as the planes get to be older and need more mx, then, the airline cuts contracts which are firm fixed price. I'm sure that is what jB will end up doing.

In a few years, when the planes are older and need more maintenance, THEN JB will cut firm priced contracts...BUT, the rate they get will naturally be alot more expensive than what every other airline is paying. If you were on the maintenance side of this, where's your incentive to give JB a flat fee? Well, they may give JB a flat fee, but a flat fee on older airplanes that will break more is naturally going to come with a higher price tag than one started when the planes were brand new. Why do I have to keep explaining this? HELLO?!? McFly?? Is there ANYONE HOME???? THAT'S what I've been trying to say all along. What JB is doing is not "smart biz!", it's SHORT-SIGHTED.

1-tacan-rule said:
hey Dave, Here's a lesson in how to run a business 101:

I hope you don't teach business 101: Obviously, you come from the Stephen Wolf school of business. It's all about the now, so don't think long term.

That's why I want to work for Southwest. They're ALWAYS thinking LONG-TERM. If I were 12 years old, I might be tempted to drink the Blue Kool-Aid that you're serving up, but I'm just a little to wise for that, son.

Last edited:
"That's why I want to work for Southwest. They're ALWAYS thinking LONG-TERM. If I were 12 years old, I might be tempted to drink the Blue Kool-Aid that you're serving up, but I'm just a little to wise for that, son."

Of all places to make a spelling mistake...back too school kid!

Originally Posted by 1-tacan-rule:

Reply by Dave Siegel:
DO YOU????

Wow that was an intelligent response Dave. Answering a question with a question. Not quite what I would have expected from a self proclaimed "Management Team" hopeful such as yourself.

V2

Latest resources

Back