• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLUE 4th QTR Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that it has been discussed before that "Dave Siegel" of thecanyon blue avatar does not work for SWA. He appears to be aflame-baiter. So, please don't think he has a direct lineto Herb or Colleen or Gary, or that scheduling even has a direct lineto him for some JA action.

This board rocks, but maybe we need that big obnoxious caveat thatalways pops up on PPrune, "beware posters may not be who they appearand may even be members of the press or the exact opposite as theyportray themselves." something like that.

For instance, in real life I'm tall handsome and good-looking, but fromthis board you'd think I'm a geek loser with no life. Wait asecond, who said that?

By the way, love the blue uniform shirts. I just saw one of your pilots in the lobby of the hotel.

Not to defend the blue kool-aid cult, but I remember when I first saw the southwest uniform and I thought what a dweebus dorkmeister pilot, with that funky tie, course I found out later that was the uniform! Oh and there is that whole plane color scheme, the only airline paint scheme worse than the new Southwest scheme is, well, the old Southwest scheme. Just be glad that you work for a great company. Ya'll ain't gonna win any fashion awards, lets just put it that way.

The real pimp daddies in this industry are UPS, BTW

Last edited:
canyonblue said:
. And GogglesPisano, shut the fu(k up!

Sorry about hitting a raw nerve.

wndshr said:
your glass house is held intact by the superior fuel hedging that is attributed to your management. this of course is temporary and hedging contracts EXPIRE!

Fuel hedging is not temporary, it is a continuous cycle. That Siegel poser is a fraud, and judging from your comment about hedges, I have doubts about your aviation experience.

Good observation!

canyonblue said:
Ok, Am I the only one who has figured out this guy does not work, nor will ever work, for Southwest. Don't fall for his crap. His avatar used to be a USAirways plane and he would stir up crap about that. Could the moderator please delete his posts. I doubt he is even a pilot. Probably Lowecur's son. And GogglesPisano, shut the fu(k up!

I was just about to point that out. He threw some mud on the B717 end-of-the-line thread, like he was some B737 expert. What a poser; he's a total tool. If he ever does make it over to SWA, I hope you guys give him a good tune-up!

If blue shirts are so bad, I guess you wouldn't have gone to work for FEDEX a few years ago either. Keep rockin' with your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000!

Don't forget your GUMP checks!

canyonblue said:
Fuel hedging is not temporary, it is a continuous cycle. That Siegel poser is a fraud, and judging from your comment about hedges, I have doubts about your aviation experience.

ok....you got me on symantics...you are right they are renewed in cycles, but you are crazy to think that hedging contracts will be renewed during the next set of cycles at the prices negotiated previously. that is what i meant by expire...

if swa is not taking a bath on fuel prices somebody is....and that somebody is not going to want to take another bath next round...you follow? but then again....if they (mgt) can pull it off, i bet none of them have Harvard MBA's after their name like the rest of the legacy "mgt" corps! just plain ol smarts!

sorry about spanking the siegel dude...thought he was a FNG

Last edited:
I used to wear a white shirt. With an ALPA pin on my tie, even.

But now.

.. the blue shirt is just awful. Every working morning I wake up, and think...why me?

It's just not fair!

firstthird said:
I think that it has been discussed before that "Dave Siegel" of thecanyon blue avatar does not work for SWA. He appears to be aflame-baiter. So, please don't think he has a direct lineto Herb or Colleen or Gary, or that scheduling even has a direct lineto him for some JA action.

I never said I worked for Southwest. I said that I love Southwest Airlines and it's the only airline I believe is worth working for. I just hope when I get there, I don't ever have to fly with CanyonBlue. You people have no sense of humor, and Canyonblue loves to dish it out, but can't take it.

By the way, I wasn't talking about fuel hedging, I was talking about maintenace contracts. I'll keep this simple, and try to use small words, so that you can keep up.

Most airlines pay a monthy/yearly fee to a maintenance provider, like GE. The deal motivates GE to do the best job fixing your planes that the can. The fewer times the planes break, the better for GE. They get a flat fee, so their motivation is to do the very best job fixing your plane.

JetBlue doesn't have this agreement. Like I said before, since they have brand new planes, they set up a deal where they don't pay anything unless the plane breaks. Pretty good deal when you have a young fleet. Your CASM can be significantly lower than the competition because they pay fixed maintenance costs. Sound great for JB for the short term, but when the planes get older, and need more attention, their maintenance costs will wind up being SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the competition. For now, they have a cost advantage, but that advantange will disappear over the next few years.

So, for those of you who are offended, lighten up and pay attention to the points I'm making. If someone is a personal friend of canyonblue, tell him to lighten up before he gives himself an ulcer.

Jeff Helgeson said:
I was just about to point that out. He threw some mud on the B717 end-of-the-line thread, like he was some B737 expert.

I'll cut you a break, because you used to work for TWA and I had a great deal of respect for you, and because I think what AA did to you guys was completely wrong.

I was being SARCASTIC! I though airline pilots understood that, but it seems like people here are just too freaking sensitive.

Latest resources

Back