Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AdlerDriver

Can't even hold reserve!
Saw my first JB uniform tonight when one of the JB dudes jumpseated into MEM on Fedex. All I can say is, Wow! Does the company apologize when they issue that thing to you guys? ;)

"Welcome to JetBlue. We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is you're hired, the bad news is.... this is your uniform for the next XX years. Sorry. We got carried away with the whole Blue thing."

I know, I know, right now it beats UAL/NWA/DAL/ETC./ETC. Small price to pay for a flying job these days. Just a light-hearted observation from a JB novice. :D

AdlerDriver said:
Saw my first JB uniform tonight when one of the JB dudes jumpseated into MEM on Fedex. All I can say is, Wow! Does the company apologize when they issue that thing to you guys? ;)

"Welcome to JetBlue. We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is you're hired, the bad news is.... this is your uniform for the next XX years. Sorry. We got carried away with the whole Blue thing."

I know, I know, right now it beats UAL/NWA/DAL/ETC./ETC. Small price to pay for a flying job these days. Just a light-hearted observation from a JB novice. :D

Does the uniform mean that much to you? Just what do you do in front of the mirror with your snappy Fedex uniform on? Anyway, your observation has been noted.

AdlerDriver said:

It sure does beat having to pick out a different suit and tie everyday!!!!:eek: I'd be proud to wear the BLUE!!!:beer:

Uniforms et al

Whiny?? Maybe, but it is amazing how JB gets in the sights of so many with a negative comment, or flamers just itching to start a firefight.

Uniforms: I have worn a white shirt for 28years, and I like the change at JB, I get lots of compliments on our uniforms. Overboard on Blue?? Maybe, but worth a thread on a forum, hardly.

Maybe I should start a thread with: I had a UPS guy on my jumpseat the other day, and man I sure hope he got an appology for THAT uniform, or maybe he fell in a mudpuddle outside the terminal??

Other favorite JB bashing subjects

Paying for Airplanes: We pay for every one, and our percentage of owned vs leased is one of the highest in the industry.

Paying for Maintenance: We pay for maintenance too. Of course all new aircraft come with some initial warantee.

Cleaning the Lavs. NO crewmwmber cleans the Lavs, we, like all airlines have cleaning crews to do that. Most pilots DO when time permits assist in crossing seatbelts and emptying seatback pockets. Does wonders for comraderie. [sp?]

I don't see the pleasure people get by 'poking fun' at others. It is natural to be defensive when the place you like to work at is being 'poked for fun'. Especially if the basis for the 'poking' is pure BS.

I think they look prettty good, myself. Of course, if they want to get the Foxes, like me, they need to get some zodiac medallions and make sure their pants are tight enough to diplay their bulges.

Now, the UPS brown doesn't do much for me. I know a few hot chicks that fly for UPS and I bet even they can't make those uniforms look good, of course, I am willing to be proven wrong. . . . Cindy, are you out there?

B6Guy said:
Whiny?? Maybe, but it is amazing how JB gets in the sights of so many with a negative comment, or flamers just itching to start a firefight.

Uniforms: I have worn a white shirt for 28years, and I like the change at JB, I get lots of compliments on our uniforms. Overboard on Blue?? Maybe, but worth a thread on a forum, hardly.

Maybe I should start a thread with: I had a UPS guy on my jumpseat the other day, and man I sure hope he got an appology for THAT uniform, or maybe he fell in a mudpuddle outside the terminal??

Other favorite JB bashing subjects

Paying for Airplanes: We pay for every one, and our percentage of owned vs leased is one of the highest in the industry.

Paying for Maintenance: We pay for maintenance too. Of course all new aircraft come with some initial warantee.

Cleaning the Lavs. NO crewmwmber cleans the Lavs, we, like all airlines have cleaning crews to do that. Most pilots DO when time permits assist in crossing seatbelts and emptying seatback pockets. Does wonders for comraderie. [sp?]

I don't see the pleasure people get by 'poking fun' at others. It is natural to be defensive when the place you like to work at is being 'poked for fun'. Especially if the basis for the 'poking' is pure BS.

Relax there fella. If no one is "pokin' fun" at ya', that means nobody likes ya'. Everybody must luv ya'. Understand now.

Cheers!

AdlerDriver said:

I know, I know, right now it beats UAL/NWA/DAL/ETC./ETC. Small price to pay for a flying job these days. Just a light-hearted observation from a JB novice.

better get used to that uniform walking around an airport near you! over 1000 of them today, maybe 5000 of 'dem uniforms in the next 8-10 years! http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

wndshr said:
better get used to that uniform walking around an airport near you! over 1000 of them today, maybe 5000 of 'dem uniforms in the next 8-10 years! http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
I think once the legacies get out of BK, the "Blue Dudes" will have to add a big blue bullseye to that blue shirt.
I was talking to a Captain about how nice those A320's would look painted purple an orange, but the fuse is too small to hold our cargo cans. Oh, well, I guess we'll have to find another replacement for the 727's. . .

Latest resources

Back