JB Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Propblast said:
I actually like the blue shirt (and would be happy to wear one) - I bet they don't show food stains as easy as the normal white ones.

-PB

Don't know about the food stains, but it does wonders for ring around the collar and stains on the arm pits.

There are two groups of people here at flight info that are too sensitive.

1. Some JB crew members. In all fairness, they do take a lot of crap. However, like someone alluded to earlier, get a thicker skin. All the folks I know at JB are great, friendly, unassuming folks that have a sense of humor.

2. Some civilian background folks with a chip on their shoulder about the mil vs. civilian thing. I've never seen a military guy exibit this entitlement that we hear of. Mostly, they are in awe of the tough road that civi guys have to travel to make it to the bigs. Are there a few jack-nuckles? Yes, but they tend not to get too far. Of all the civi guys that I know at majors, none(I say again) none seem to have the issues about the military guys. I guess the hiring process works.

Perhaps a civilian JB pilot is predisposed to this sensitivity which many have observed...he might even feel entitled to be offended by the quips.

Either way...Get over it. If you can't tell the difference between malice and humorous kidding then it's going to be a long miserable career.

Out!

Laughing_Jakal said:
The Blue shirt was actually not designed to hide food or coffee stains....really it was designed to hide stains from Lav Juice from the all important Morale Increasing "I do it because I really want to pump a honey bucket" airplane servicing detail".

ouch :puke: :crying:

Speaking of too much blue, someone told me that they paint the faces of the newhires blue after they get through with training. Any truth to this? The guy may have just been spouting anti-JB propaganda because I can't see any adult letting this happen to himself unless it was Halloween.

SWPA Pilot said:
Speaking of too much blue, someone told me that they paint the faces of the newhires blue after they get through with training. Any truth to this? The guy may have just been spouting anti-JB propaganda because I can't see any adult letting this happen to himself unless it was Halloween.

Not true. Actually, newhire training was a good time.

Laughing_Jakal said:
The Blue shirt was actually not designed to hide food or coffee stains....really it was designed to hide stains from Lav Juice from the all important Morale Increasing "I do it because I really want to pump a honey bucket" airplane servicing detail".

Lav Juice at JB...otherwise known as "Blue Koolaid".

The Other "Blue drink"

Now that is some funny sh!t!!!

JB Bus Drvr said:
JB Bus Drvr said:
A thread about blue shirts. You guy, so silly. I guess you'll be ripping on AF and CG pilots for their blue shirts, or Army pilots about their green shirts, or Marine pilots about their brown shirts. Get a life!

Do you need a little salve for your ****, it must be hurting real bad. :rolleyes:

You think my initial post “ripping on someone”? When I start "ripping" on someone, you'll know it. I was having a little fun and my post is obviously written that way (well obvious to those with a shred of a sense of humor).

By the way, it wasn't just the shirt - it's the whole uniform. It looks ridiculous (I am entitled to my own opinion, don't like it? Ignore it). I would also never consider giving my fellow servicemen and veterans any grief over their uniforms. First, I think they look pretty good. Second, it took a lot more than a good resume, some networking and interview to qualify them to wear those uniforms. The duties they fulfill wearing those uniforms is far more honorable than giving people a cheap ride to L.A. or getting someone their package on time. Putting your (or my) source of income/employer on the same level as the U.S. military is laughable.

I have a life and it doesn't require validation by what I do to pay my bills. If someone wants to make fun of Fedex or the uniform they require me to wear - have at it. JB is just a job dude, get over it. Oh, and get a sense of humor while you're at it. (note the lack of smiley faces, etc. - now I'm ripping on you)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adlerdriver, for a fellow military guy, your initial shots fired off the range. Now, you're trying to make a positive out of your initial negative comments. You're laughable. I think the comparison to the military uniform is right on. Who cares what color shirt you wear?

JB gets knocked around a lot. But, we welcome you all to ride on our unlimited jumpseats. I bet the JB guy wasn't wearing his snazzy leather jacket. We get them for free and they look pretty nice. Furthermore, we get $200 bucks a year to replace those "ugly" blue shirts. Then again, with my great pay at my former NWA, we didn't need a clothing allowance.

AdlerDriver said:
Do you need a little salve for your ^^^^, it must be hurting real bad. :rolleyes:

You think my initial post “ripping on someone”? When I start "ripping" on someone, you'll know it. I was having a little fun and my post is obviously written that way (well obvious to those with a shred of a sense of humor).

By the way, it wasn't just the shirt - it's the whole uniform. It looks ridiculous (I am entitled to my own opinion, don't like it? Ignore it). I would also never consider giving my fellow servicemen and veterans any grief over their uniforms. First, I think they look pretty good. Second, it took a lot more than a good resume, some networking and interview to qualify them to wear those uniforms. The duties they fulfill wearing those uniforms is far more honorable than giving people a cheap ride to L.A. or getting someone their package on time. Putting your (or my) source of income/employer on the same level as the U.S. military is laughable.

I have a life and it doesn't require validation by what I do to pay my bills. If someone wants to make fun of Fedex or the uniform they require me to wear - have at it. JB is just a job dude, get over it. Oh, and get a sense of humor while you're at it. (note the lack of smiley faces, etc. - now I'm ripping on you)

You tiny dich...don't tell and Marine and the rest of us how your earned your little guard job. If you would like to see a real ripping send me aPM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, two more overly sensitive JB dudes join the fray. I grow weary of this. Where do they find you guys?

bluejuice787 said:
You tiny dich...don't tell and Marine and the rest of us how your earned your little guard job. If you would like to see a real ripping send me aPM.

That's easy for you to say. :confused: English please. Maybe you can re-transmit - I really don't know what you're trying to say. I'm not going to PM you. You're the one with something to say. Send me a PM yourself it will make you feel better. Rip away, silly man.

I don't know how my "little guard job" became part of this discussion. If your post is an indication of your command of the English language, maybe you should re-read my last post. It shouldn't have been construed as an insult to any military person and didn't mention my guard job. Maybe you can elaborate when you "rip" me in your PM. BTW, I have plenty of AD time to go with my guard time and I definitely earned whatever I have.

Latest resources

Back