• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots just got a facial from mgmt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you guys are just like everyone else. You just haven't come to realize it yet. What makes you think you guys are special?

We never said we were special, but at one point we did think management was serious about not being like every other airline out there and taking care of us so we'd never need a union.

Now, we're one man away from having a management that wasn't even around JB was founded, and he just turned his back on every promise he ever made to us.

The time for promises is gone. The time for a CBA is upon us.

I just hope EVERYONE has learned their lesson about paycuts. Not one more dime- not even at $200/barrel. Name a company that took a cut that is in better shape b/c of it? And, if you don't get inflationary raises- you DID take a paycut.

I hope that back that POLICY better than they did the policy to keep pay and benefits just under Southwest's.

A320 failed to mention that the company still backs its no furlough policy as well in this new agreement. Sometimes job security is the best thing you can pull from this agreement in this turbulent times. AND some work groups even got a raise not a pink slip! If we got a raise even beyond what the PCRB recommended, these people would still whine about something...

hey pu$sies stop whining I was probably the first one to return my card and donate $100 to the jbpa drive. Even though I have always been a non union kind of guy I do see the merits of an in house organization of the jetblue pilots.

Lets face it we are a dynamic group of pilots here and currently based on the outlook, cash, and major legacy pullbacks we are more than likely to survive and grow as a result to become a better company.

I for one and thankful just to be employed. I feel that many on this board just dont see the magnitude of the current world crisis.. This is not just a USA problem.. International airlines will be dropping like flies in the next 24 months. We all face a crappy outlook.

Lets pull together get the job done and make this a better place. While I want to see jetblue succeed we all need to step back take a look at the kids and wife and put things into perspective.. There will be thousands of pilots just like you and I that will be out of work. I know the challenges of running a household and the sacrifices we all make. I dont wish that on my worst enemy

hey pu$sies stop whining I was probably the first one to return my card and donate $100 to the jbpa drive. Even though I have always been a non union kind of guy I do see the merits of an in house organization of the jetblue pilots.

Lets face it we are a dynamic group of pilots here and currently based on the outlook, cash, and major legacy pullbacks we are more than likely to survive and grow as a result to become a better company.

I for one and thankful just to be employed. I feel that many on this board just dont see the magnitude of the current world crisis.. This is not just a USA problem.. International airlines will be dropping like flies in the next 24 months. We all face a crappy outlook.

Lets pull together get the job done and make this a better place. While I want to see jetblue succeed we all need to step back take a look at the kids and wife and put things into perspective.. There will be thousands of pilots just like you and I that will be out of work. I know the challenges of running a household and the sacrifices we all make. I dont wish that on my worst enemy

you call people pu$$ies and then write that?

Here's the gut-check- your company is asking you to be non-union: meaning: even though they have a contract w/ every entity they do business with- they don't feel the need to have one with you.

How do you feel about that? How do you reconcile that w/ the fact that WN is unionized to the highest level of any airline? Could it be they aren't afraid of keeping their promises....

New Pay Rates effective Sept 1. Pay over 70 hours paid at 1.5 base pay rate...

A-320 Capt/FO
1 110 40
2 119 57
3 121 67
4 124 75
5 127 79
6 128 81
7 131 82
8 132 84
9 134 86
10 137 87
11 140 89
12 147 91

E-190 Capt/Fo
1 88 40
2 90 53
3 92 55
4 94 58
5 96 61
6 98 62
7 100 64
8 102 65
9 104 66
10 106 68
11 108 69
12 110 70

Congratulations on the pay raise. Don't stop there.

I'm not trying to be a tool. I'm just trying to be real. Although your pay raise is a step in the right direction, you have a long way to go to meet, but better yet, RAISE the bar.

I'm in my 2nd year at a major cargo airline. I make 220% of what you make. Again, I'm not trying to be a dikc, I'm just saying that the bar has been set, and it's YOUR job, and the job of EVERY succeeding union to RAISE the bar for ALL of us.

You guys need to organize. You're fooling yourselves if you think you can even meet the bar without a union.

No...most unions are not getting what they deserve right now. BUT...until ALL of us get on board with the program, we are dooemed to allow some two-bit, half-ass new-comer pilot, non-unionized pilot group establish the Bar for the rest of us.

"Either we all hang together, or we all hang separately."

--Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:
Congratulations on the pay raise. Don't stop there.

I'm not trying to be a tool. I'm just trying to be real. Although your pay raise is a step in the right direction, you have a long way to go to meet, but better yet, RAISE the bar.

I'm in my 2nd year at a major cargo airline. I make 220% of what you make. Again, I'm not trying to be a dikc, I'm just saying that the bar has been set, and it's YOUR job, and the job of EVERY succeeding union to RAISE the bar for ALL of us.

You guys need to organize. You're fooling yourselves if you think you can even meet the bar without a union.

No...most unions are not getting what they deserve right now. BUT...until ALL of us get on board with the program, we are dooemed to allow some two-bit, half-ass new-comer pilot, non-unionized pilot group establish the Bar for the rest of us.

"Either we all hang together, or we all hang separately."

--Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote....so you're saying you're willing to risk your 220% and join your brother on the picket line?

JB mgmt. can go straight to h e l l.

YEA!

It's the worst place on the planet to work.

So they gave some guys a 1% raise.
Some a 5%.
And some a 10%.

Wow..

Unprecedented.

A union would solve ALL of our problems.

Latest resources

Back