• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots just got a facial from mgmt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB just took care of it's poorest pilots. What a concept that is usually lost on senior captains at any airline.

JB just took care of it's poorest pilots. What a concept that is usually lost on senior captains at any airline.

They also lowered first year pay for potential new hires. How does that figure in to the concept?

A general observation would reveal all those of you that think B6 sucks have the ability to change your destiny by choosing to go else where and do other things no?

Ah, the classic sixth-grade ridiculous riposte: "If you don't like it here why don't you leave?" And poorly written to boot (ESL?).
So, what did you think about that PCRB Report? How about the company response? No one implied that the company sucked, just that we are devolving into a regional-esque airline. I guess if you came from Mesa, and we have many who did, you'd think this place is Shangri-la.

DH2WN: I have NO problem with the -190 folks getting raises. None. If you actually worked here though and witnessed the mechanisms used to compensate them you'd likely be upset if you were at my seniority (read: paycut, or rob Peter to pay Paul).

Management knew exactly what they were doing a few years ago when they imposed the embarrassing -190 pay rates. Three/four years later they are reaping the rewards of pitting the seats against each other and the perceived 'Haves' vs. the 'Have Nots'. Let's hope our seemingly apathetic pilot group doesn't once again validate
Elag777's tagline.

JBPA
All I am trying to articulate is that in this $140 dollar environment B6 pilots were lucky to be offered anything? The 190 rates were indeed in need of being increased and they have been twice now.
It would appear that the expansion plan, if there is going to be any at all, will be more on the 190 side, giving the option to the 320 FO group to reconsider an equipment change to the 190 left seat? I think the 320 raise through year 5 is to mitigate the significantly longer RSV times? All this maybe moot if oil continues to rise and plant itself north of $150p/b. Each penny increase at the pump is a costly $5mil to the bottom line adding well over $300mil to the B6 fuel bill this year so far.(I know you know this)
It would obviously have pleased more people if mgmt had said “sorry we feel your pain, but we have no more money to give you!” and I’m sure that would have gone down like a lead balloon? It appears that you can’t even please some of the people some of the time, let alone all of the people all of the time….
I hope the English is of better quality this time:)

They also lowered first year pay for potential new hires. How does that figure in to the concept?

"potential" are not employees and most likely they won't be having any "potential" first year people for a while. Therefore, again, JB just took care of it's poorest pilots.

I guess that's one good reason to not have a "union". You would not see such measures at any other airline.

Bravo JB.

Last edited:
JBPA
All I am trying to articulate is that in this $140 dollar environment B6 pilots were lucky to be offered anything? The 190 rates were indeed in need of being increased and they have been twice now.
It would appear that the expansion plan, if there is going to be any at all, will be more on the 190 side, giving the option to the 320 FO group to reconsider an equipment change to the 190 left seat? I think the 320 raise through year 5 is to mitigate the significantly longer RSV times? All this maybe moot if oil continues to rise and plant itself north of $150p/b. Each penny increase at the pump is a costly $5mil to the bottom line adding well over $300mil to the B6 fuel bill this year so far.(I know you know this)
It would obviously have pleased more people if mgmt had said “sorry we feel your pain, but we have no more money to give you!” and I’m sure that would have gone down like a lead balloon? It appears that you can’t even please some of the people some of the time, let alone all of the people all of the time….
I hope the English is of better quality this time:)

Yeah, the English is better. Welcome to the 7th grade. I'm not following why you end every statement with a question mark though. Are you one of those 15-year old girls who end every sentence as if it were a question? I'm only picking on you and your lamentable grammar because you gave olympus grief over his.

Yes, I'm familiar with your points. Management has sufficiently regurgitated them on hellojetblue and through the corporate communications spam emails.

This all started because I asserted that, considering pay/bene's/schedules, we're not unlike a regional airline that flies bigger equipment. I stand by my assertion.

I could've sworn that you responded with a derivative of: "Leave if it's so bad". I was supposed to infer that you intended the above rhetoric?

You do understand that the 'raises' did not change our CASM and were the direct result of reserve efficiencies (probably not a bad thing - I think) and the discontinuation of PTS premium pay (DEFINITELY a bad thing), right?

I'm happy the -190 folks got a small increase to their hourly rates. However, I'm not happy that I (we) happen to be subsidizing those increases if I (we) get sick. While I personally wasn't expecting anything (including a pay cut), I was woefully disappointed with JR's/VS's blatant neglect in addressing many of the salient points of the PCRB Report. At least their delivery wasn't condescending [sarcasm].

I'm done with this thread. Feel free to bring this up at http://www.jetbluepilots.org and I'd be happy to debate you there.

Yeah, the English is better. Welcome to the 7th grade. I'm not following why you end every statement with a question mark though. Are you one of those 15-year old girls who end every sentence as if it were a question? I'm only picking on you and your lamentable grammar because you gave olympus grief over his.

Yes, I'm familiar with your points. Management has sufficiently regurgitated them on hellojetblue and through the corporate communications spam emails.

This all started because I asserted that, considering pay/bene's/schedules, we're not unlike a regional airline that flies bigger equipment. I stand by my assertion.

I could've sworn that you responded with a derivative of: "Leave if it's so bad". I was supposed to infer that you intended the above rhetoric?

You do understand that the 'raises' did not change our CASM and were the direct result of reserve efficiencies (probably not a bad thing - I think) and the discontinuation of PTS premium pay (DEFINITELY a bad thing), right?

I'm happy the -190 folks got a small increase to their hourly rates. However, I'm not happy that I (we) happen to be subsidizing those increases if I (we) get sick. While I personally wasn't expecting anything (including a pay cut), I was woefully disappointed with JR's/VS's blatant neglect in addressing many of the salient points of the PCRB Report. At least their delivery wasn't condescending [sarcasm].

I'm done with this thread. Feel free to bring this up at http://www.jetbluepilots.org and I'd be happy to debate you there.

Wow you "outed" me as a 15 yr old girl! (guess you must have alot of experience there! :p ) do I really end my sentences with a question?
PTS loss at premium is a product of abuse as you well know.
As to your last point not likely, and I am glad you are done with this thread! really are you?!

Latest resources

Back