• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB phase 2 disqualifiers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
does jetblue really offer no health insurance?

If you don't know the answer to that question then you really don't belong in a cockpit flying planes. A 2 second google search show we offer benefits. They are not great though compared to our peers.

If you don't know the answer to that question then you really don't belong in a cockpit flying planes.

wow, glad you're not the gate keeper for FAA medicals.... but alas, I've been flying them 20+ years into 6 continents, in all 5 major airframe makers..so I must be doing something right.

Your own "peers" are the ones who listed in another thread that they had NO health insurance.

wow, glad you're not the gate keeper for FAA medicals.... but alas, I've been flying them 20+ years into 6 continents, in all 5 major airframe makers..so I must be doing something right.

Your own "peers" are the ones who listed in another thread that they had NO health insurance.

I apologize for coming off harsh..but a simple search would find that we do offer benefits. You may have misunderstood what folks on here have been mentioning. The benefits are not great and very expensive, but we do offer them.

Last edited:

No health insurance is the analogy we use for what jetBlue offers.

yes they offer health insurance... is it decent no, because they have to offer the same thing to every other employee because that's the law.

There is a way to get better health insurance...

Nowhere in any company literature are the words medical and insurance used in the same sentence. It is medical benefits, company self-insured, with flow through money laundering agents United Healthcare and Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. It's common industry practice, but B6 chooses to lower the bar by compensating less for what is needed, to the tune of a pilot shouldering 50% of costs, while their major airline peers have negotiated this down to 18%.

Back to the original question......

I am glad I ignored the Tard, I was able to skip half this thread.

Back to the original questions, there are a lot of things that can get you bounced from Phase II. Notably not disclosing something in your background check that shows up during the check. Training failures at previous airlines, absence and discipline issues at a previous carrier, not enough jet or glass experience, too far out of currency, like 2 or 3 years. It is never one issue, it is usually a combination of things added to a marginal Phase I interview. You can have a poor Phase I score, but it is reviewed at Phase II. FWIW......

I am glad I ignored the Tard, I was able to skip half this thread.

Back to the original questions, there are a lot of things that can get you bounced from Phase II. Notably not disclosing something in your background check that shows up during the check. Training failures at previous airlines, absence and discipline issues at a previous carrier, not enough jet or glass experience, too far out of currency, like 2 or 3 years. It is never one issue, it is usually a combination of things added to a marginal Phase I interview. You can have a poor Phase I score, but it is reviewed at Phase II. FWIW......

That's ok, I ignore bluebelles like you who continue to mire this pilot group in sub-par compensation and benefits.

Don't take the job people, this guy usav8r will sell you on pie in the sky bluethiness, then 10 years later you'll wonder where your youth has gone as you waste away hoping to flica your way past your next car payment.

That's ok, I ignore bluebelles like you who continue to mire this pilot group in sub-par compensation and benefits.

Don't take the job people, this guy usav8r will sell you on pie in the sky bluethiness, then 10 years later you'll wonder where your youth has gone as you waste away hoping to flica your way past your next car payment.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a guy that makes over $200k a year. Really? If you make that much money and can't make a car payment I strongly suggest that you read. "Total Money Make over" by Dave Ramsey

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back