JB Leadership

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bavarian Chef said:
A more interesting number would be how many shares he has left..

About 534,622 shares as of 30 Mar 2006. No other Execs have stock although they may have an equity stake in the company. I believe that all of Bargers stock was given to him to lure him from CAL. You have to remember that he left CAL for JBLU in 1998 when the airlines were doing very well. They had to do something to get good guys to leave airlines that were making lots of money to come to a start-up.

We can keep this post going or everyone can just admit that Neeleman and Barger are probably the two most honest airline execs in the industry. I don't think there are any other guys with as much integrity as these two have and if you don't agree, do some research and you will.

Hutchman said:
As far as Kellner's increase in salary, he did become the CEO. I am sure there is a pay raise in there. As far as what has he done, how about tough negotiations with Boeing. If boeing sells an a/c to someone for less than what CAL paid, the difference will be reimbursed to CAL. Restructuring without the B word, and for now not terminating the pension plan.

That says a lot for a Major airline.

Most employees at CAL think of Kellner as the fat bean counter with a lisp that they have to listen to every time they see that pre-board movie on CAL flights. I doubt there are not more than a dozen CAL employees who think of Kellner like almost ALL of the JBLU employees think of Nelleman.

Truckdriver said:
We can keep this post going or everyone can just admit that Neeleman and Barger are probably the two most honest airline execs in the industry. I don't think there are any other guys with as much integrity as these two have and if you don't agree, do some research and you will.

You nailed it! Thats the difference.

JBPA said:
Glug, glug, glug. Mmmmmmm......

I'm not a kool-aid drinker by any means ... far from it. I have some real doubts about whether we can turn the ship around. BUT -- I believe in the product and most of our people, to include management.

I'm guessing JBPA is code for some type of "union plea" -- whatever, dude.

But thanks for the shot. It's nice to see some solidarity amongst the peeps. Let me guess, you're the fat, civilian time only, legacy furloughee in the left seat that I make fun of on a routine basis. OUR COMPANY IS DROWNING IN DEBT BECAUSE YOU KEEP THROWING MUNCHIES MIX DOWN YOUR SUCKHOLE! Let me guess, your CA upgrade phone (the Treo 650/700) has just alerted you to my post or a 24 hr / 2 day trip to Vegas. OH, sorry. JUST KIDDING! Come on dude let's laugh now before the earnings report comes out! See I have a sense of humor too.

Peace and love my blue brutha!

(this post was not intended to make all fat captains or civilian time only pilots or legacy furloughees mad, in fact none of them were harmed in the making of this post)

Bavarian Chef said:
Let me guess, you're the fat, legacy furloughee in the left seat that I make fun of on a routine basis. OUR COMPANY IS DROWNING IN DEBT BECAUSE YOU KEEP THROWING MUNCHIES MIX DOWN YOUR SUCKHOLE! Let me guess, your CA upgrade phone (the Treo 650/700) has just alerted you to my post.
(this post was not intended to make all fat captains or civilian time only pilots or legacy furloughees mad, in fact none of them were harmed in the making of this post)

Have we met before? You described me right down to the phone! (650) OK, you missed the mil part, but I'll make up for that in the bald department. Hey, I didn't even write the post you are hammering!

Actually, that post of mine was a 'lil harsh. In another window in my browser I am a slave to FliCA, trying to turn next month's schedule into the gold dust that Zeus squeezes out of his a$$ (when he farts, of course) -- sooooooooooo, since that's next to impossible right now, I am a little frustrated.

I have flown with some awesome captains and was just letting my sarcasm flow (was serious about legacy furloughees, though, or maybe I wasn't, hmm...).

DeliG -- are you pale too? Are you the captain that made me check out his ear hair?

Latest resources

Back