JB Leadership

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jbucpt said:
name another time you saw an airline management team "waive" any type of bonus. well.... im waiting????

Dasburg - 1996
Anderson - 2002

Both at NWA.

Eyewash...just as this one is.

Do I think upper managment is overpaid? Abosolutly!

Giving up 75k is hardly worth noting. It probably cost more to get the press coverage!

As far as Kellner's increase in salary, he did become the CEO. I am sure there is a pay raise in there. As far as what has he done, how about tough negotiations with Boeing. If boeing sells an a/c to someone for less than what CAL paid, the difference will be reimbursed to CAL. Restructuring without the B word, and for now not terminating the pension plan.

That says a lot for a Major airline.

"The three could not be reached for comment, but Jenny Dervin, a spokeswoman at JetBlue's headquarters in Forest Hills, said "They felt that even though they were contractually able to claim their bonus, it was inappropriate to take it. So they voluntarily waived it." The three have a base salary of $200,000 each."

The point is, this is pretty standard with these guys. I like working for them.

Deli Guy said:
The point is, this is pretty standard with these guys. I like working for them.

That's all that matters!

The rest of us (me included!) can piss and moan all we want about jetBlue or _______ (insert name of carrier), but if the employees are happy, that's all that matters.

Hutchman said:
Come on.....................

$75,000 in bonus? Way to take it for the team. How many stock options were they granted in '05?

Just for the record..
Senior mgt decided NOT to reward themselves with stock options..
Of course they have ownership stakes..
But the conciously decided NOT to rape the company by stock options..

Occam's Razor said:
That's all that matters!

The rest of us (me included!) can piss and moan all we want about jetBlue or _______ (insert name of carrier), but if the employees are happy, that's all that matters.

Hey Occam,
Very true. I know you understand because I worked for Steenland and crew for 8 years and its wierd to just bump into one of the JB leadership and actually want to talk to them as opposed to NWA where I would purposly not go to a Steenland event because of what I was afraid I might say. Good luck there whichever way you vote.
DG

Last edited:
Yes, Neeleman and Barger donate their salaries to the JCCF, i.e. JetBlue Crewmember Crisis Fund. Yes, their salaries are smaller than most airline CEO's (I remember comparing it to Indy Air's boss last year when all was not going so well for them -- that dude made almost twice as much). Yes, Dave Barger has sold company stock every year he has been here -- part of a normal plan to rebalance. A more interesting number would be how many shares he has left.

And while 75,000 may be chump change to the legacy bonuses out there, it is a tangible and sincere way to help keep jb's rising costs under control.

JBPA said:
Glug, glug, glug. Mmmmmmm......

Its a strange taste.....it has a real wang to it. Gotta say its good to have real leadership. I hope it lasts and sets the trend for CEO'S in general in the US. Kelleher, Bethume, David/Dave.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back