• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB app window open

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they just cut new hire training pay by $700 & change a month.

Incredible....

Out of respect for the hard working pilots of Blue do the industry a favor and don't apply.

My jumpseat is open any night for guys. Fight the fight and dig in because it's going to be a long haul.

End of thread

Last edited:
And they just cut new hire training pay by $700 & change a month.

Incredible....

Out of respect for the hard working pilots of Blue do the industry a favor and don't apply.

My jumpseat is open any night for guys. Fight the fight and dig in because it's going to be a long haul.

End of thread
Yeah, but you get to stay in a new jetblue dorm room with no fridges, no alcohol or visitors (including spouses), no parking for personal vehicles, and jb PR posters all over the walls. In lieu of that 716 bucks, you get $1016 dollar voucher that can only be used in the jb dorm cafeteria. Oh, and whatever you don't spend in the cafeteria, you lose. There's also a bar in the dorm. I'll bet that's going to be party central! (Smile for the cameras!)
B6 is an odd duck: Worst major or best regional?

I flew 43 hours in January, spent 16 nights in my own bed, and I commute. My Feb 8 pay check was a little over $20,000 gross. I'm on 4 year FO pay. Yes this is no where near normal, but it happens at least 1 time a year for me. I also haven't worked a weekend in 3 years, or a holiday in over 2. I would like to see any regional captain do that. He'll I would like to see any 4th year FO at any airline match that honestly. So yes JB just reduced there New Hire training cost, and it will hurt a new hire a little more for a few weeks in training and that is complete BS. I agree. The lodge is going to turn into a nightmare after about 3 days so prepare yourself for some serious "cult like pain". There can be some serious upsides to JB however. If you get hired just make sure you stay away from the blue juice, as it will be served hot and heavy. Get on board with ALPA from day 1. See the job for what it is, make as much $$$ as you can while spending as much time as possible at home. I also suggest getting on your spouses medical bennies ASAP if you can. In the mean time, save, save, save and kill as much debt as you can because 1st year sucks financially. Get rid of those credit cards and car payments before you come to JB. Will make your 1st year here a lot easier.

Last edited:
Ok, $, you're going to have to explain your paycheck in a little more detail. How did $105 an hour become $465? You credited over 190 hours in 15 days? Over 1300 hundred bucks a day, every duty day? C'mon. Did you cash out all your vacation/sick pay (pick one term, they are the same)? RSAs? Picking up RSAs while on vacation? Cnx'ld trips? Double-triple dipping somehow. You must have a pretty darn short commute. Do you drive to jfk? How is it that you're making more $ and working less days than a 13 year Captain?
I'm glad you're so happy here and I'm REALLY glad you're onboard with achieving a CBA, but be a little more transparent about money and schedules for the folks that are considering JB.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a place to put employee referrals on the online app? Also is there a confirmation of application being fully completed? After uploading my resume & cover letter to documents category, there's no way to precede further. So I'm not sure if application is 100% complete or missing something? Anyone else had this issue?
Pan,

Made 75hrs with my line, cashed in 100hrs of PTO at 1.5 times. Like I said, it isn't normal but it does happen once a year for me.

$108 x 35 = $3780
$162 x 100 = $16,200

Add in a little perdiem, night override, e-learning etc and a gross $20k+ pay check is what it comes out to. If I actually worked hard it easily becomes $21-$23k.

Last edited:
As a jetblue pilot, I knew right away that your $20,000 check had to be from a huge PTO cash out, but don't you think it's a little misleading to say that you had a $20,000 check with 16 days off without clarifying for the folks out there who are trying to get information on our system and real life earning potential? You're right though, it's a nice option for us and I hope we keep it in our CBA. I'm looking forward to selling a big chunk in a few years to put towards a downpayment on my next house.

For those of you considering JetBlue, it's better than the haters say and it's not as good as the blue juicers say. Some people here have been slow to learn that we have a management team which is hostile toward pilots because they hide it with a smile. Management aside, it's a nice group of pilots to work with at an airline that has the potential to grow into a larger one. Honestly, if you come in with eyes open and are willing to join in the effort to secure an industry leading CBA and achieve parity with other career airlines, I think you'll enjoy it here, but it's certainly not as turn-key as going to one of the established legacies who already have that CBA in place. As a negotiating strategy, I would love to see Jetblue get zero applications in this window to put pressure on them to hurry up with the CBA, but knowing that is impossible, I hope we at least get a really good, qualified group who is ready to work to achieve the potential we have here.

I did say that pay wasn't normal and happens 1 time per year for me. That is very achievable for any JB pilot after spending 22 months on property. So I will revise my statement for clarity. You will not be able to make a check this large in your first year at JB, however you will have the ability to do it before your second year is up. Everything else you said is spot on.

Latest resources

Back