• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB app window open

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get sick here. The insurance will bankrupt you.

I haven't actually heard of any of our pilots going bankrupt due to our healthcare cost. However be prepared if you are going to use JB insurance to be out of pocket about $7000 per year. This is what you will pay a year in premiums and out of pocket costs to meet your max deductibles. JB health insurance is very expensive in both premiums and out of pocket costs.

Give or take a few $$$ yes. Now if you have prescription pills, especially expensive ones expect to pay more, as the standard out of pocket deductible doesn't cover prescriptions in many cases. If you or a family member has a serious illness make sure your spouse has good coverage. Also JB employee insurance doesn't cover child autism either. So that is another big issue to consider when applying to JB

I haven't actually heard of any of our pilots going bankrupt due to our healthcare cost.

Maybe not, but we did have one guy divorce his wife on his death bed to keep creditors from going after her for medical bills. True story. This is who we're working for. Wake up.

I did say that pay wasn't normal and happens 1 time per year for me. That is very achievable for any JB pilot after spending 22 months on property. So I will revise my statement for clarity. You will not be able to make a check this large in your first year at JB, however you will have the ability to do it before your second year is up. Everything else you said is spot on.

Dude, that was pretty lame to put that paycheck out there. You can ONLY do what you did if you take NO vacations and don't get sick each year. Completely not normal.

Wow. It's almost like I didn't say it isn't normal. I think you even quoted me saying it isn't normal. True getting sick completely screws this plan. However even with a week of vacation each year you can still make this kind of check every 14 months. For the 3rd or 4th time this isn't normal, but completely doable. Not sure why it is lame. Stating the good facts along side of the bad is a good thing. It's why people come to these sites. To get a few facts along with the massive amounts of BS and complaining.

Last edited:
Maybe not, but we did have one guy divorce his wife on his death bed to keep creditors from going after her for medical bills. True story. This is who we're working for. Wake up.

Yes this is true not to mention the pilots that has sought help from the BPF.

Latest resources

Back