• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, couldn't be farther from the truth there. Look at my aircraft flown and that should give you the clues you need...

Skybus, really?

Well, both Indy and Skybus operated A319s... You could have flown RJs and left for Skybus. All I know is that Skybus is a real black stain on anyone's resume and when you mentioned "Brand X" I thought that is what you meant. Sorry I ain't a mind reader...

Here's your good look at the HUD on the E190 if you are really interested:

http://www.worldairroutes.com/Azul.html

I think Azul is actually using/leasing some of JB's E190s through Neelman. Wish some of the Azul flight attendants would work at JB... I flew on JB recently and the Rosie Perez lookalikes were not so great. Although I loved the IFE.

Yeah, surprise, surprise, seeing as how Neeleman founded this company after getting the $hitcanned by JB!

Also, "Azul" means "blue" in Portuguese.

JBU just announced SJU-STT/STX with the 190s.

Interesting, and I'll bet bottom dollar that they'll be codesharing with...wait for it...Cape Air!!

I was just down at STT a month ago for a Guardlift, and for such a small airport, the majors fly their big ones into there! Cape Air has a regular presence at both locations as well. With the E-190's arriving there, the competition should take on a new level there.

SJU-STT/STX should provide a nice change from the regular BOS-JFK-BOS-RIC-JFK-IAD schedule... Nice to see that the E190s are getting some additional destinations in the mix (I know they already fly several NY-FL and BOS-FL rotations and flights to Austin as well).

thanks for the info! Hoping classes continue...still in the pool of phase 2.

Our last system bid had over 120 vacancies for FOs on both ships. I think we'll have classes all this year and next year.

The E190 is a perfect airplane for this. Additionally, the bus will do BOS-STT-SJU-BOS. The Bus would do JFK and BOS direct, if not for that pesky hill at the end of runway 10.

Take it with a grain of salt, but we have 40+ A320s coming in the next 4 years. Who knows how many lease returns we will have, but with the NEO on its way my guess is that we will be able to negociate very competitive new terms on the leased aircraft. Hiring will continue for the next couple years barring any unforseen economic etc things, which always seem to happen.

The 190 has turned out to be a very expensive piece of doo doo. The company has finally admitted the future of the 190 is questionable and future delivery numbers will be reevaluated. The airplane can not make money over 800 miles. Also the heavy checks are proving to be more costly than the Airbus. The 319 NEO, albeit only a paper airplane at this time, is expected to have only slightly higher costs than the 190. Interesting times.......

Have you seen what's happening in MCO? The 190s are down to about 9 departures a day. This is reflected with the somber bid divisors for July. The Airbus is now flying MCO-BUF, CUN, AUS, MBJ, SJO, the SJU redeye, and replaced their airframe on numerous other NE routes. The SJU to island flying STT, STX, and SXM won't come until December. Their flying is also being reduced in JFK. In turn, some additional flying is coming out of BOS. Some of this is seasonal, but it also hurts a small base like MCO. I don't see the 190 base in MCO growing for a while.

Latest resources

Back