• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here you go:
E190 CA

E190 FO

Interesting Alpa over at US has put on the table 125 / 85 for the 190 over there. true still in negotiations, but quite a bit higher....guess we'll see how much that gets whittled down to JB rates...

Elag I don't think LCC is going to be very mad with the rates announced today. I was hoping you knew something no one else did and were right.
Doesn't appear to be the case.

Fly Safe
Chuck

I was referring to the fact that FO year 1-5 are at least $6 better than LCC.

Some of the guys here early on actually helped build this airline. I think this guy deserves having a great strike price for his stock option since I know he turned down a line number from American to take a job here at JetBlue. Careful with your choice of words as this company is still small enough that we also know who you are buddy.

They'll always be guys here at JB who like the company and will defend management. Maybe they were here when times were good and that is why a little bump in the road is no big deal. I've worked at NWA and will never go back there. That is probably also the feeling of many USAir furloughees. Believe me, the grass is not greener. We've seen the ugly side of legacies and furloughs and empty promises. No matter how you hate it, JB management seems to act straight forward and won't make empty promises that it can't keep. Sure, we'd all like a raise in pay and benefits. Who wouldn't? However, we all remember where pay plus 1% parity gets us.

Please tell us, where does pay plus 1% parity get us? Surely you are not going to suggest that this was responsible for any of the bankruptcies we have seen over the past five years. If so, keep drinking the blue juice.

Some of the guys here early on actually helped build this airline. I think this guy deserves having a great strike price for his stock option since I know he turned down a line number from American to take a job here at JetBlue. Careful with your choice of words as this company is still small enough that we also know who you are buddy.

They'll always be guys here at JB who like the company and will defend management. Maybe they were here when times were good and that is why a little bump in the road is no big deal. I've worked at NWA and will never go back there. That is probably also the feeling of many USAir furloughees. Believe me, the grass is not greener. We've seen the ugly side of legacies and furloughs and empty promises. No matter how you hate it, JB management seems to act straight forward and won't make empty promises that it can't keep. Sure, we'd all like a raise in pay and benefits. Who wouldn't? However, we all remember where pay plus 1% parity gets us.

Please tell us, where does pay plus 1% parity get us? Surely you are not going to suggest that this was responsible for any of the bankruptcies we have seen over the past five years. If so, keep drinking the blue juice.

I didn't say anything about bankruptcies. What I refer to is the constant give us more when times are good then take it back when times are bad cycle you see happen at legacies year after year after year. Last I checked, JB experienced the same downturn all the legacies did after 9/11 and hasn't furloughed one pilot or had one pay cut.

If you think things are better by going back to your previous legacy carrier, go ahead. Why did they furlough you in the first place? It's like a woman who always returns to her cheating and wife-beating husband. No one understands why they do it, but they do.

Last edited:
Let me say I never, ever wanted to have to even consider the need for organizing. I wanted so hard to believe in the words I was hearing when I came over to JetBlue. I really wanted to trust the "partnership" between management and the pilots. I believed in the five values - I am the values. But the values have been steadily redifined to suit the suits.

As the step-brat of a loser PATCO member, I've seen how a misguided union can absolutely ruin lives instead of helping them. On the other hand, after the JB pilot contract amendment debacle I looked into the abyss and couldn't help but see it as the opening move in a long chess match. To win a chess match, you have to be able to think ahead and make seemingly innocuous moves that culminate in eliminating your opponent. That's how I saw it. We are thinking one move ahead and they are five moves ahead. At that point, I floated the idea that we could avoid the negativity associated with starting a union if JB were to take their cue from SWA and ask the pilots to organize with their blessing. The acrimony could have been avoided and we would be working together on these issues like SWAPA and the SWA management do. The financial markets are going to burst what little stock bubble there is right now when the word that a union drive is underway hits the street. It could have been avoided if D&D had been able to see the value of an organized, single-point of contact with the pilots. Instead, they have willingly let the situation fester. It could have been avoided, but the idea was summarily shot down when the Values Committee brought it up.

And, Lowecur, I wasn't expecting a raise for the A320. But, I also wasn't expecting the shell game of decreasing one part of the compensation package to fund the increase in another part. It came across as sneaky and devious in the meeting. I honestly think they hoped we weren't going to realize what was going on. That was the tipping point for me.

BTW - I'm betting the anti-union posters in the JFK crew lounge will disappear pretty quickly. I hope someone can get a good picture of one for posterity. It sure would make a great screensaver or wallpaper for a laptop...

Cest la vie...

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about bankruptcies. What I refer to is the constant give us more when times are good then take it back when times are bad cycle you see happen at legacies year after year after year. Last I checked, JB experienced the same downturn all the legacies did after 9/11 and hasn't furloughed one pilot or had one pay cut.

If you think things are better by going back to your previous legacy carrier, go ahead. Why did they furlough you in the first place? It's like a woman who always returns to her cheating and wife-beating husband. No one understands why they do it, but they do.

I have never been furloughed. Just lucky I guess. LUV did not furlough either and their pay is well above Jetblues. What is your point?

OK, OK. I'll say something nice Longhorn. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Sonicpig replies: Yeah, it's good for you cause you probably have those days off.

Spectre: Nope, gotta work both days.

Colorliquid787: You know the holiday pay has been the same since I first started here 5 years ago...worth less now due to inflation, medical premiums...

BlueBayou: You can't tell me you're not happy with double PAY, I'd be happy to do it for straight pay!!!

GENERAL: Yeah, double pay to clean cabins...

I don't recall making the quote above, could you remind me please?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back