• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190 Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not include 1.5x over 70 hours ? Pay is pay.

Because you have little control over how much premium over 70 hrs you get paid. Vacation and time off doesn't count for time and a half, for instance. Therefore if you have a vacation week, forget about ANY premium pay for the month. Also, some months are very lean and it's difficult to pick up much time over 70. And if you're junior, there may be nothing left at all to pick up even in the good months. Premium pay is an incentive to work hard, but you can't count on it for base pay, period.

Because only a minority can earn it.
Of the 61 LGB 320 Capt. lines for Jan., only 13 have 83 hours or more. (This morning, Dave Barger said 83 hours is what they base the "Blended Rate" on.) That's only 21%.
Bos Capt. 9 out of 32 = 28%.
FLL Capt. 23 out of 82 = 28%
JFK Capt. 47 out of 473 = 9%
JFK 190 Capt. 5 out 0f 150 = 3%
BOS 190 Capt 7 out of 27 = 26%

Get my point?

Aaaaaand?

$48- 190 fo JetBlue yr 1

$29.97- 777 fo CAL yr 1 (Jan slots to newhires)

Not bad JetBlue. Not Bad.

Your point? First year pay does not respect the aircraft. Second year 777FO makes $72/hr ($65-80,000 2nd year).

Can anyone post the rest of the JB 190 pay scale.

Oh and thank you blue dude for your advice. Why don't you leave for a better airline if its so bad, there are 1000's willing to take your place.

I didn't give any advice. And you can shove it with yours. If I want to stay and fight for a worthwhile career, that's my business. And if you want to bend over and take anything that comes your way, that's yours. Just stay the hell out of my way in the meantime. You'll thank me later.

Oh and thank you blue dude for your advice. Why don't you leave for a better airline if its so bad, there are 1000's willing to take your place.

Sorry, Regional FO's and CFI's don't count.

Trust me, wait til 07 when the legacy's are hiring, I'm a blue shirt and promise it is nothing more than an average job at this point.

Too bad all of the furloughees from other carriers didn't show up to the meeting this morning in their old uniforms. There will be a significant increase in the number of pilots taking the recall, now. However, they'll still be around long enough for the vote.

Times, they are a changin'....

I think it is great that JB sees the low pay as a problem, but at the same time arent they trying to cut cost and save money by pulling seats out of the A320s and reducing the FA staffing by 25%.

We know that Blue Dude is not happy, but how is the company really doing?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back