• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190 Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there are those here on board who don't like it, then, the door is open-- LEAVE, and then, maybe then, when enough pilots cross the threshold, we just might see some more in terms compensation and benefits...

Ya, you owe me.

Put me on your Christmas card list.

$48- 190 fo JetBlue yr 1

$29.97- 777 fo CAL yr 1 (Jan slots to newhires)

Not bad JetBlue. Not Bad.

2 year 777 = 73.07
3rd year 777 = 87.66
4th year 777 = 99.17
5 year 777 = 109.01
6th year 777 = 118.99
7th year 777 = 121.69
Ends up at 131.80 at year 12

Add 12.5% B fund to that. They didn't think the 777 would be going to newhires. It's still not great but I think it's a little better then you are making it out to be. First year pay sucks but it does get better.

Last edited:
2 year 777 = 73.07
3rd year 777 = 87.66
4th year 777 = 99.17
5 year 777 = 109.01
6th year 777 = 118.99
7th year 777 = 121.69
Ends up at 131.80 at year 12

Add 12.5% B fund to that. They didn't think the 777 would be going to newhires. It's still not great but I think it's a little better then you are making it out to be. First year pay sucks but it does get better.

CAL at 29 per hour. That's liveable for a guy like me but I wonder how others make it work. Especially with no health care. Pretty low.

You skirted the question..
How many pilots get more than 70 hours?
No, YOU skirted the question!
I just told you how many made the "Blended Rate". DB used that yardstick to tell us we are in the middle to top of the industry in pay.
In fact, that's only a third of us at most.
Jeez, what does it take to open your eyes?

Why not?

That's like ignoring the FACTS...

Base rate is effective to 70 hours..
Even RESERVES are guaranteed more.
Fine. Reserves get 75 hours. My last line was worth 72 hours and impossible to improve on with open time.
Some guys in my base bid reserve because it PAID MORE!
OK, use 75 hours, not 83, to compare pay scales, then. It would be less deceptive.

A year one Captain flying 83 hours will make $80,544 (factoring in premium pay).

A year one F/O flying 83 will make $51,552.

That's ignoring the reserve factor..
To figure that... take the base rate at 70 hours and add 5 hours of premium (150%)

There no such thing as a One Year Captain anymore!!

Glad to hear that your personal career goals have been met so easily. Considering that I've been taking continuous pay cuts for 5 yrs, with no end in sight, I may just shoot a little higher than that.

So you are an unhappy A320 Captain at JB. You think you could have upgraded and made more money at a legacy the same years you have been at JB? If you look at your pay the last 5 years vs the last 5 years at where you were before (a car salesman), you probably earned more.

Looking forward, there are certainly improvements that are necessary here at JB. Sure, 320 guys got the shaft vs 190 guys. The company really should not divide our pilot work group when it comes to compensation adjustments. It's like saying the 190 mechanics will get a raise and the 320 mechanics get nothing. I think if we make $200 million next year, we'll see that adjustment in profit sharing and raises. Until then, I'll try to be patient and thankful for what I have now.

CAL at 29 per hour. That's liveable for a guy like me but I wonder how others make it work. Especially with no health care. Pretty low.

First year pay does suck.. No getting around that. First year pay at the "legacy's" have always sucked. The no health care is a misconception though. CAL provides you with different health care options for the first 6 months but it's not a CAL plan. You still have coverage and the cost is almost the same.

If you are interested in making more money your "first" year (which I can't blame anyone for that) then go to AirTran, JetBlue, Spirit etc. Everyone's situation is different.

Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back