• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/static/business/article1613823.html

azz, pilots' union reach tentative deal

Brent Jang

Jazz Air Income Fund and the union representing pilots have reached a tentative labour agreement, says the Air Line Pilots Association.

Labour and industry officials said Tuesday that Jazz’s deal with the union is a breakthrough that prevents a walkout by 1,500 pilots. The previous contract expired June 30, 2009.

Jazz pilots are scheduled to be asked to ratify the tentative agreement by late next week.

Halifax-based Jazz, which flies on behalf of Air Canada, has yet to sign a new contract with its flight attendants. The Canadian Flight Attendants Union said it hopes to resume efforts within days with federal mediation and conciliation officers to help negotiate a new settlement.

Not even one year out of contract and they had already threatened strike. Not to mention Jazz already has better rates for their equipment than anyone in the US.

Must be nice to work in a country that respects labor.

cale

Amazing! I just went to APC and looked at their current pay rates, and they blow anything and everything even the best scumbag US regional has to offer! 36 grand for new hires, 42 grand 2nd year, 49 grand the third! And these rates are for ALL of their aircraft, half of which are Dash 100's and 300's. And I am sure these rates will be improved upon in this TA. Oh, and 57 bucks an hour per diem. You can barely get 40 bucks down here. Min days off for line holders 14 days, reserves 12! And even a real pension!! Imagine that!
Perhaps we need to look towards our northern brothers for guidance on how to negotiate a labor contract. Because we sure as hell can't!

Even good ole Bearskin Airlines up in Canada pays Metro FO's more than many regional 70 seat jet FO's here, And Captains as well. United States Airline Pilots, we've got to be the most sorry excuse for airline pilots on the planet for what we have allowed to happen to our profession here!. Wake up people! We are being taken advantage of and all any one here says is "thank you sir, may I have another."

Even good ole Bearskin Airlines up in Canada pays Metro FO's more than many regional 70 seat jet FO's here, And Captains as well. United States Airline Pilots, we've got to be the most sorry excuse for airline pilots on the planet for what we have allowed to happen to our profession here!. Wake up people! We are being taken advantage of and all any one here says is "thank you sir, may I have another."

Which airline do you work for, sport? Just because the Canadians aren't bound by the RLA doesn't mean they are a better place to work. I would suggest you look at pilot jobs in India the Middle East, Latin America or Europe for that matter to get a perspective on the US airlines. Be sure and ask about Unions, work rules, and their interpretation of the seniority system during your interview.........

Amazing! I just went to APC and looked at their current pay rates, and they blow anything and everything even the best scumbag US regional has to offer! 36 grand for new hires, 42 grand 2nd year, 49 grand the third! And these rates are for ALL of their aircraft, half of which are Dash 100's and 300's. And I am sure these rates will be improved upon in this TA. Oh, and 57 bucks an hour per diem. You can barely get 40 bucks down here. Min days off for line holders 14 days, reserves 12! And even a real pension!! Imagine that!
Perhaps we need to look towards our northern brothers for guidance on how to negotiate a labor contract. Because we sure as hell can't!
Well if they can turn a profit with those rates then it appears that their major airline partner is giving them enough. You see, here in the States, I doubt the major airlines that use regional partners are willing to cough up more money to allow regional companies to adequately pay their pilots.

I thought that everyone was aware that we are the lowest paid aviation professionals here in the U.S. of all the industrialized nations.

Which airline do you work for, sport? Just because the Canadians aren't bound by the RLA doesn't mean they are a better place to work. I would suggest you look at pilot jobs in India the Middle East, Latin America or Europe for that matter to get a perspective on the US airlines. Be sure and ask about Unions, work rules, and their interpretation of the seniority system during your interview.........

Now that made me laugh, we are treated fairly here hum?

Now that made me laugh, we are treated fairly here hum?

That's right round eye, we are.Not sure if you are in the left seat or not but make sure you play nice with the company, and maybe if they haven't hired enough off the street captains they might let you upgrade.....

What delusional world do you live in Kharma Police? I'd like to move there, since apparently I'll be able to buy a nice house and car on my US pilot salary the way you see it.

cale

What delusional world do you live in Kharma Police? I'd like to move there, since apparently I'll be able to buy a nice house and car on my US pilot salary the way you see it.

cale

I live in ATL. I employ a very difficult financial system that seems to be beyond the scope of most pilots or Americans in general. Save your money, live within your means and don't run up your credit cards.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

http://clarkhoward.com/

Latest resources

Back