• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jan Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you still haven't heard anything I'd definitely call the people department at this point. You've waited long enough. Someone may have dropped the ball somewhere.

If you don't have the letter, then it is not over yet!

CesnaCaptn said:
Anybody still waiting for the letter?

I interviewed in Sept 2005 and my packet went to the Review Board in Oct 05. I checked this message board for a week after the last "I got the letter" posting and had not received the call or the letter. At that point I broke down and called the PD and they said that the Board requested more information and thay I would have to go through the Review Board again in November. The PD also said that I was one of four people that the Board requested additional information, so a I was not alone in my wait for an answer.

Even though it was agony to endure the wait/check the message board cycle all over again, it was comforting to know that I was still in the game until the point I actually received the letter.

I am happy to report that in the end, I received the call to continue after the November Board, and I am now in the very shallow end of the pool waiting to go to class.

Just remember, it is not over until you get the Letter!!

For those who have not received the letter or a phone call, I would definitely contact the People Department and "inquire about the status of your interview."

If they tell you that you did not make the cut, still be very enthusiastic and reiterate your desire to work for SWA.

If they tell you they need more information, be very helpful and offer to provide them answers to any questions or retrieve any documentation they might need.

Attitude will be everything in this call! :)

do you think that's a good sign or do they just check references for all interviewees and decide who to keep later?

might be some openings soon..had a sim today and met 5 guys interviewing..3 of them current swa pilots...

CaptainMark said:
might be some openings soon..had a sim today and met 5 guys interviewing..3 of them current swa pilots...

That is real odd. Must want to be on the ground floor with one of the best. Years from now they'll be looking real nice with 3000 bodies below them on the seniority.

EFC - 9 Months 3 Weeks

CesnaCaptn said:
Anybody still waiting for the letter?

Received the news today...less than 10 months to go for the next try!

Best of luck to all who got the call, take care and fly safe.

"Your Luv is like, a Rollercoster baby baby, your Luv is like...a crazy ride child!" - Ohio Players

Latest resources

Back