• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jan 7 at DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have a boss while a pilot at DAL? He gets upset when someone calls asking a question? Sounds like ALPA needs to get involved to put this intimidation to a stop. Wonder how the general would feel?

And you don't have a boss? It is lawless where you work? Wow, that is fantastic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Guys he is one of the few the pulls all of the strings in DAL hiring. After the pilots give you the nod he takes over. If you piss in his Cheerios, I guarantee you that it will follow your employment jacket to your retirement day. He takes notes about everyone in class and they are forwarded to the CP's
Note to the wise. No cross talk in class, no getting up when class is in session, be back from breaks on time, etc. He takes note of that and it would be best if you just did not do it. Make it easy for yourselves. Be a saint and there will be noting to worry about.
Remember that DAL had 45 mins with you. He gets two weeks. If he sees an issue, they will look at it and take care of it. I have seen it happen. He is a awesome person, but do not take advantage of that.

Do you call the room to attention when he walks in? How often does he check to see if your shoes are shined? Does he remind you of Neidermayer from Animal House?

I'm just toying with y'all, of course.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, calling the office phone is one thing, but if someone called me on my cell phone hounding me about a class date, I'd be pretty PO'd, too.

Making an a$$ of yourself in new-hire training is foolish at any company, especially if you do it in front of someone involved in the hiring process. And it's not unreasonable to be expected to turn off your cell phone, put away the newspaper, don't stick gum under your desk, etc. during class.

And if the Delta culture bothers you that much, check out the flip side of the coin where the guy sitting next to me in recurrent (different airline) spent the entire morning eating during class. This guy had the works - Thermos, silverware, and different courses in labeled Tupperware containers. I was just waiting for the instructor to say, "Excuse me...I hate to interrupt your lunch, but we're trying to do some training here." He never said a word. I was just about to ask the guy WTF when I found out he was a 777 FO....

That would really be bizarre! Those 777FOs...sleep and eat...sleep and eat....land...sleep and eat..sleep and eat..takeoff...etc.

:)

Obviously he is doing recurrent the right way for a 777 F/O. Who knows, he may be doing a triple secret taste test of the new meals :)

If you piss in his Cheerios, I guarantee you that it will follow your employment jacket to your retirement day. He takes notes about everyone in class and they are forwarded to the CP's
Note to the wise. No cross talk in class, no getting up when class is in session, be back from breaks on time, etc. He takes note of that and it would be best if you just did not do it. Make it easy for yourselves. Be a saint and there will be noting to worry about.

He sounds like he used to be a flight attendant trainer...These mealy little fastidious types slay me....he must be gay

He sounds like he used to be a flight attendant trainer...These mealy little fastidious types slay me....he must be gay[/quote]

What the hell does being Gay have to do with ANYTHING? People who make those stupids comments are usually the ones trying to draw attention away from thier own closeted selves. For what it's worth....I've seen Brians wife....and SHE is smokin HOT.

I am still waiting for class. I interviewed over a month ago. I am cleared to train but have not heard anything about class. How long do most people have to wait?

I got a call today for the Jan 7th class. Interviewed 10/23.

Latest resources

Back