JAL ends talk w/DAL stays with AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas ACL,

Yes, it is FI, and we can only thank our fellow bretheren for keeping "The General" isolated to this particular venue.

He is mercifully absent from the places that have more meaningful communication.

Nu

Oh he is over there reading, but not posing.

If AA drops a billion on JAL, and DAL doesn't, the best way for DAL to counter attack would be to just give us another raise. If AA isn't able to respond in kind to their pilots, that place would come apart at the seams...

I know, just crazy pilot talk. I really wish my bros at AA well and hope they are able to set the bar higher for all of us.

Maybe JAL had a deeper look at the amount of technology Delta brings to the table, which is almost nothing.

The reservation system (Delta-Matic) is a third-rate, confusing mess and they probably see the difficulty it is causing the NWA employees.

I was sadly disappointed to see how terrible the IT is here at Delta. It is in SERIOUS need of a total revamp. I know we are trying to but I would not doubt it if this may be one of the main issues JAL has with the deal.

If DAL attempts to integrate JAL employees into the new system like they did at NWA, they will NEVER emerge from BK.

I'm just sayin' .....

There will be no integration of JAL/Delta. It would be a codeshare agreement and alliance swap...nothing more. For one, the Japanese government already stated, officially and publicly, they would prefer to have no foreign ownership. Even in the past when there was talk of capital injection (shot down by the Japanese government) foreign ownership would have been limited to 25%, which in Japan is the most any foreign entity can own in a Japanese company. Far from controlling interest.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what choice the Japanese make.

If AA drops a billion on JAL, and DAL doesn't, the best way for DAL to counter attack would be to just give us another raise. If AA isn't able to respond in kind to their pilots, that place would come apart at the seams...

I know, just crazy pilot talk. I really wish my bros at AA well and hope they are able to set the bar higher for all of us.

I like the way you think! I wish them well at AA and at JAL too though. Industry-wide we should all be making more for the jobs we do and the responsibility that comes with it.

I like your theory!!!

You are closer to the truth than you think. You just need to get your management on board. Why counter attack when all you need is to encourage self-implosion! "DAL + 1% and the house will come down."

Heyas ACL,

Yes, it is FI, and we can only thank our fellow bretheren for keeping "The General" isolated to this particular venue.

He is mercifully absent from the places that have more meaningful communication.

Nu

I lurk a lot, and I may make a move soon. It is free to lurk, you know...

Bye Bye--General Lee

I flew Delta from Rome yesterday and sat next to a Delta nonreving mechanic. He said Delta is getting 16 MD90's from JAL.
Is it true?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back