• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've discovered Netjets 10 year plan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, anyone want to post real numbers and not just, "I sorta think it takes X amount of time"? I used a real plane with today's real winds.

CL30
0200z etd today
BOS-PBI
10 pax, 2000#s
2+45 time enroute, 1114 miles using AR19

5623#s fuel burn.

You may burn less fuel, but we get more Atlantic Bucks! ;-)

Last edited:
There it is. I used AR-19 too.

50 min faster and 523 gallons more. Also a much bigger plane not in our class so you carried 10 pax in a 40 million dollar plane compared to my 8 pax max 7 million dollar plane.

My point is I would never compare a Piaggio to a CL-30, but 50 min longer on a BOS to PBI flight costing $4,204 less just in gas (yup, called signature and used today's Jet A price) ain't too shabby.

2:45, 3:35

...who'd guess that's the difference between a top of the line large cabin Jet and my Piaggio?

I've made my point. We can go back to NetJets 10 year plan. Sorry for the hijack but let me just say I think I'd look hot in drag!

Last edited:
CL30
0200z etd today
BOS-PBI
10 pax, 2000#s
2+45 time enroute, 1114 miles using AR19

5623#s fuel burn.

You may burn less fuel, but we get more Atlantic Bucks! ;-)

In the end, its all about the Altantic Bucks! I love the west coast. :)

ahh words of a man who is on top.. Try not to gloat too much, if you've been around any length of time you would know that all good things come to an end. Lemme know when you're pushing 30+ through class a month...Sorry though I couldn't afford the job.. My mortgage/Utilities is more than SIC's take home....

Could not agree more. I think most of the avantair people gloating have relatively little experience, I have run into a few older guys over there who are not impressed. But hey, whatever makes them happy. For the record I fly a sovereign part 91, have not done that flight for a while but you have us beat with the fuel burn and thats about it. I also fly a CJ2,3, and 4. I think those numbers would be fairly closer in that. Avantair pays crap wages (if the ones on apc are correct), that is one way they are so cheap for owners. You get what you pay for in the end.

So you've decided my pay is crap. Nice...stay classy.

NetJets 10 year plan anyone?

I just threw in a flight plan for 4 pax using today's winds from BOS to PBI with a 1200 departure flying the Atlantic Route.

Total time: 3:35 with a 10 kt avg headwind
Burn: 2,087

I used an alternate of FLL with a 220 lbs burn.

All of this fits on a P180 and would be a legal flight.

That's cute.

Ok , I'll bite too....Citation X......

If ya must know I've done LA-NY with a strong tailwind in the same time it is taking you to go from BOS-PBI....I think my best was maybe 3:30 or maybe a little more.....

The plane climbs at .85, it passes everyone else in the climbout alone... 51,000 ft. Routinely flew in the mid-40's.. I flew the CRJ for 5 years, at around FL300 and routinely had to deviate around weather.... I can coun't on one hand the number of times I had to ask for a vector at FL450...

But that was then, now I am also flying low and slower. Ain't no thing, but don't get you're painties in a bunch if someone calls your plane a little turboprop or slow... It's not that big a deal..

Avantair has a leg up on Netjets at the moment,and that's only in employment. Netjets is still doing 2500 owner flights a week. I wouldn't say they've shrunk to nothing.....YET!:beer:

The largest is not always the best. McDonald's serves more meals per day than any other restaurant. And as much as I love a Big Mac, there is better food on the planet.

Even on the luxury side, Rolex sells more watches than anyone, but they are not the best (excellent watches yes they are, not not the finest).

Latest resources

Back