• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've discovered Netjets 10 year plan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At FLOPS were doing a hell of a lot more flying, than last year.
:beer:

Hope my rant on NJA wasn't taken as an attack on the other fractionals....... Any increase in business in the fractional industry is great in my book. Who knows, some day I may be slinging gear for you at FLOPS!!

Any idea how sales are at FLOPS? Heard they were obviously better than last year. Have ya heard if they are drastically better these last few months?

Two things:

I don't for one second believe NJA lost that much in '09.. Those writedowns are obviously skewed towards the firing of RTS...

Yep, exactly. I have no question in my mind that after he was brought in, he massaged those numbers leading to RTS's firing, then he showed Buffett that his miraculous management technique :rolleyes: was responsible for the next year's amazing turnaround.

Yep, exactly. I have no question in my mind that after he was brought in, he massaged those numbers leading to RTS's firing, then he showed Buffett that his miraculous management technique :rolleyes: was responsible for the next year's amazing turnaround.

Should have clarified, I totally agree with you. Just was trying to elaborate a bit more on my view of things..... The turnaround wasn't as drastic because NJA wasn't experiencing as much of a loss as stated by Dookie Sokol... Totally think NJA is making some kind of profit recently.

I've found it interesting that of all the "other" companies at BHK... TTI, FSI and NJA seem to rule the report......Buffalo news, Pampered Chef et all. Get very little play.

:beer:

Hope my rant on NJA wasn't taken as an attack on the other fractionals....... Any increase in business in the fractional industry is great in my book. Who knows, some day I may be slinging gear for you at FLOPS!!

Any idea how sales are at FLOPS? Heard they were obviously better than last year. Have ya heard if they are drastically better these last few months?

I agree More business is good for all of the frac companies. The recent market hits and the whitehouse demonizing aircraft ownership has me worried about the future.

[SIZE=-1]http://www.wolframalpha.com/
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Wolfram Alpha - Wolfram|Alpha is the first step in an ambitious, long-term project to make all systematic knowledge immediately computable by anyone. Enter your question or calculation, and Wolfram|Alpha uses its built-in algorithms and a growing collection of data to compute the answer.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]nter your question or calculation, and Wolfram|Alpha uses its built-in algorithms and a growing collection of data to compute the answer.[/SIZE]

I agree More business is good for all of the frac companies. The recent market hits and the whitehouse demonizing aircraft ownership has me worried about the future.

Here's to hoping it's just a short term blip due to fear an uncertainty... I was all set for a nice 13,000 pt high by December:crying:

I hate all this freaking lawyer lingo, it really bothers me

" we are doing great this year, unfortunately blah blah blah. On the upside we are way ahead of last year, on the downside blah blah blah. Fortunately we are meeting all of our goals for the year but the problem is blah blah blah. We are on the right path, however blah blah blah".

I feel like I'm reading something written by foghorn leghorn, it was the best of times, Ah said worst of times

Also, (VERY IMPORTANT), Berkshire seems to be quite satisfied with FSI's performance over the years, FSI is constantly profitable. But Netjets/EJM play a HUGE part in that....

When you send 2600 pilots ( + however many EJM employs) twice a year for recurrent, well.........

There is not enough information here to discern the true profitability of Netjets' operations. You would need individual income statements, balance sheets and most important, a cash flow statement.

Berkshire can manipulate these numbers all day between business entities. Example: I would love to see what Netjets is paying FSI.

Contract talks are around the corner...

Latest resources

Back