It's over....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DH2WN said:
What other airline has announced it ahead of time. At least they are giving their employees the news instead of having them show up with the doors locked.

They will cover the flights.

Braniff in 82. Same results, employees got screwed. While what you are saying is true, history has proven me correct from the financial aspect regarding final pay and benefits.

If that is something that you can live with then by all means go for it.

So am I not getting recalled? This doesn't sound good. And to think I almost stuck it out.

This place was a carnival before flyi. It only got worse. Same Sh!t, different diaper!

I had fun while it lasted though.

Best of luck to all FlyI employees! You gave it your best shot.

If you want to remain in this circus of an industry, right now you can pretty much assign yourself a class date at Eagle. It's not Jetblue or Frontier, but it's stable and a great group of people.

To all the FlyI/ACA crewmembers,

I thank you for your professionalism and accomodating styles during my numerous commutes. You guys/gals are the best, and I know each of you will land squarely and safely on your feet. Stand proud of your efforts. You deserve better than the cards dealt you.

Sincerely,

Red

Thank you FLYI pilots for showing UAL they not the supreme overlord they think they are. You guys didn't just 'raise the bar', you held it firmly and shoved it up UALs' a$$!!! Good for you.

crashpad said:
Thank you FLYI pilots for showing UAL they not the supreme overlord they think they are. You guys didn't just 'raise the bar', you held it firmly and shoved it up UALs' a$$!!! Good for you.

I don't get it, please explain. (not being sarcastic, just wondering your line of thinking....do you mean they 'showed them' by closing their doors?

tranceport said:
I don't get it, please explain. (not being sarcastic, just wondering your line of thinking....do you mean they 'showed them' by closing their doors?

When UAL went into bankruptcy, they immediately went after ACA and cancelled a 10 year contract and offered something short of drink coupons and bag of trail mix to remain as their "Express partner". ACA "showed them" by refusing the substandard rate and went on their own. It was a risk, but the other side was to accept what United was offering, which was obscene. Mesa took it, and at least one pilot group fell on the sword and can say they didn't "lower themselves". They, along with the Northwest mechanics are the only ones so far. Best of luck to the employees at FlyI.

tranceport said:

I'll answer that.....these are two separate issues. Sometimes you got to leave that abusive spouse even if it means you don't get to live in as nice a house or have as much money to play with. Sticking with UAL and continuing to get beat up would certainly have been a wrong choice. Too bad the escape plan didn't work well in the long run.

Last edited:
Thank you Flyi

I too would like to offer my thanks to all the ACA and Flyi crews that transported me back and forth to NY numerous times. I never met a crew that I wouldn't enjoy spending 4 days with. You guys and gals are a class act!

Stick-N

Boeingman said:
They didn't even make it to the initial date of the 7th in their warn letter last week.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I was over there I would not work a minute longer. Anyone looking at past airline liquidations reference employee pay will realize you will be donating your time and efforts.

Best of luck people.

=======================================================

i start a 3 day trip ( now a 2 day) on the 4th. i will report for my trip just i always have. i will do my job just as has always been expected of me; to deliver the customers on my airplane safely and comfortably to their destination. they deserve no less on the 5th.

bc
06/93-01/06
crj ca

Latest resources

Back