It's over....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
???????????

"Thank you FLYI pilots for showing UAL they not the supreme overlord they think they are. You guys didn't just 'raise the bar', you held it firmly and shoved it up UALs' a$$!!! Good for you."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...the so-called 'supreme overlord' is the one STILL flying and recalling pilots and FAs...and the guys/gals who 'raised' the bar (whatever your definition of that is) are the ones without jobs...

...remember...folks...it's just NOT pilots who are displaced...there are people in the compnay with many years of serives and homes in around Dulles who can't just move to other airline...

It's hard to understand your 'definition' of 'raise the bar' and 'held it firmly'...held what?

C'mon...they are all out of jobs...gone...and UAL is flying and now will do even better at Dulles...

Fly safe!
Bunny

canyonblue said:
ACA "showed them" by refusing the substandard rate and went on their own. It was a risk, but the other side was to accept what United was offering, which was obscene. Mesa took it, and at least one pilot group fell on the sword and can say they didn't "lower themselves".

What did the pilots at FlyI have to do with management's decision to go it alone? In what way did they fall on the sword?

Well it is finally over.....I must say it has been an extreme pleasure to work with all the great individuals at FLYI. We offered a great product, so much better than UAL, as determined by multiple surveys and magazine awards. We offered a great price, as determined that everybody had to price match us when we arrived into a market. We all can leave with our heads held high as we, the flight crews, gave it all we could.

I see UAL raising the fares out of IAD in just a couple of weeks to obscene rates. The ones they had before FLYI showed up on the scene. The flying public crying about the high rates and the amount of travlers flying through IAD to drop off. The government and public complaining about high fares and the drive to BWI being a ritual for many of people. Well to the flying public you have no one to blame but yourselves.

UAL will fail in the long term, just like it took many years for the EAL and Pan Am to fail, UAL will to fail.

Good luck to all and Tailwinds.....

Thanks to all the fine folks at Indy. I sure enjoyed those flights from MHT-IAD. In fact, you folks transported me to my first simulator training session in MCO in May of 2005. Wishing you all the best, you will all do great in your job search!

Peleton said:
Well it is finally over.....I must say it has been an extreme pleasure to work with all the great individuals at FLYI. We offered a great product, so much better than UAL, as determined by multiple surveys and magazine awards. We offered a great price, as determined that everybody had to price match us when we arrived into a market. We all can leave with our heads held high as we, the flight crews, gave it all we could.

I see UAL raising the fares out of IAD in just a couple of weeks to obscene rates. The ones they had before FLYI showed up on the scene. The flying public crying about the high rates and the amount of travlers flying through IAD to drop off. The government and public complaining about high fares and the drive to BWI being a ritual for many of people. Well to the flying public you have no one to blame but yourselves.

UAL will fail in the long term, just like it took many years for the EAL and Pan Am to fail, UAL will to fail.

Sorry you will be out of a job. Hopefully something better will come along. However, saying one of the good things about FLYI was the fares they charge is ridiculous. They are shutting down because they were selling seats for less than cost. Stupid business decision by stupid management.

By the way I just read your last sentence. That is the reason you guys failed. It was not about starting an airline to create a better product at a better price (JBLU). You wanted to stick it to UAL, nice business plan. You guys put out a lousy product when you were ACA, you got much better when you were on your own and had to sell your own tickets but it wasn't enough.

I don't know if any of my former classmates from ARW were still at Flyi, but good luck to everyone. TC

The Blue Ridge pilot group rocks, and will land on their feet just fine.

It was an honor working alongside "youse guys"! Keep those memories hard-a-partyin'.

aa73
'98-'00

Peleton said:

Still hurling the UAL hate message via the Hilter Junge propaganda machine. Moore didn't believe it, he just served it up. Business is business...isn't it?

iballdriver said:
=======================================================

i start a 3 day trip ( now a 2 day) on the 4th. i will report for my trip just i always have. i will do my job just as has always been expected of me; to deliver the customers on my airplane safely and comfortably to their destination. they deserve no less on the 5th.

bc
06/93-01/06
crj ca

Fine by me. However many of your peers may not understand what is in store for them during a liquidation process for their pay.

Not getting what is owed for work performed is the final slap in the face and the ultimate insult from your former employer. All done under the auspicies and knowledge of the bankruptcy court.

Latest resources

Back