• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As GSD stated, you do not have to join NJASAP. However, since we negotiate the work rules and pay you will operate under, you will have to pay a fee of 1.5%. BTW, that is equal the the dues and IF YOU JOIN you will get the benefits of representation if required, God forbid.

1 hour of OT per month will more than pay for the dues. It is well worth it guys.

Did anyone mention that if you don't get home by midnight, you will get paid 2 extended days $$$$$$$?

Stupid union is making me have to pay all these taxes!!!!

Representation is provided to all pilots at NJI or NJA regardless if they join NJASAP or not. Representation is a requirement of the Railway Labor Act. As such, pilots are required to either join or become an agency fee payer as stated earlier.

The biggest difference between being a member or a fee payer is the ability to have a vote to control your destiny. Members vote, can run for office, can help shape the future of the union. We welcome our NJI brothers and sisters. We ask them to step up, get involved and make NetJets an even better place for all our pilots.

Thanks for the clarification Griz.

As I understand it Grizz, we won't be eligible for membership or begin paying dues (or agency fee for the indignant few) until the final integration notice is signed sometime between now and November 21, 2010. Is that your understanding as well?

gutshotdraw-

The LOA is silent on when that will happen. I'm waiting to see where both sides fall out in the discussions.

I was pretty tired last night after driving back from the Outer Banks. After I got some sleep last night, I reviewed the LOA. Although it is silent on the issue of dues, the recognition letter has been sent. That means that NetJets has recognized us as a single transportation system. That also means that the RLA rules apply to all NetJets crewmembers now. Specific exemptions to contractual provisions are included in the LOA for integration issues.

Since dues and representation were not among those, the case could easily be made that dues will start immediately. Along with that, the grievance process including access to representation by NJASAP would also commence immediately. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

Grizz, it's my understanding that the recognition letter just gets the ball rolling but there has to be a "final integration notice" signed by RTS sometime before November 21, 2010. NJI management has told its pilot group that all NJI work rules are status quo for now and the interim period will allow for a phase in of contract provisions. That is the reason why B.O. will be spending a LOT of time in Okatie.

My guess is, NJASAP will have a difficult time collecting any dues or agency fees from any of us until we're also collecting the hourly overtime, holiday pay, etc. called for in the contract.

All I want to know is. Are yall filing a single carrier lawsuit? If not Diesel owes me dinner in the bar of my choice in HPN.:D You know I figured one of you A guys would have cared enough to wonder where I have been,or if I was OK during the Big Blow!!!!!!:crying: Brothers Right. ;)Now I nobody to fight with other than my wife.

Apparently, the power is back on or they sent you out on the road ;)

Hope you're drying out down there amigo.

And from what I hear, don't let Diesel push you into picking Indian food....:puke:

Latest resources

Back