Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its official. Skywest to fly for American...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that how the DAL CPAs work? Thats a whole lot different from the CAL and even the UAL CPAs work. They just simply reimburse all the fuel and have a monetary incentive for year over year savings.

I don't know how it works over at SkyEast, but that is how the contracts were out west.

Yeah, nobody will ever retire. That must be what will keep you at your regional, forever.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Have you noticed that Delta has orders on the books to replace about half of your domestic narrow body fleet? The same is true at UniCal and American.

MD-90's and 717 are orphan airframes that are already 20 years old and are at best an interim stopgap until more modern, economical planes are available.

So, to answer you question, no. I will not be applying to join the very bottom of a seniority list that will continue to shrink. I have no desire to be that most pathetic of individual, the grey haired FO who commutes to reserve, waiting for the day when he may upgrade (back to the bottom of the captains list) and finally start cashing in on all of that dues paying he has been doing for the past 15-20 years, all the while retirement is rapidly approaching. You can have that, it's not for me. I'll continue enjoying the benefits of seniority and a six figure income as long as it lasts. One and two day trips, north and south, one time zone and no snow or CB's. In the mean time I will continue to diversify my income so that I no longer need to live out of a suitcase part time.

Age 65 slips to 67, 70; a little grey at the temples Genny? A little silver on top?

Have you noticed that Delta has orders on the books to replace about half of your domestic narrow body fleet? The same is true at UniCal and American.

MD-90's and 717 are orphan airframes that are already 20 years old and are at best an interim stopgap until more modern, economical planes are available.

So, to answer you question, no. I will not be applying to join the very bottom of a seniority list that will continue to shrink. I have no desire to be that most pathetic of individual, the grey haired FO who commutes to reserve, waiting for the day when he may upgrade (back to the bottom of the captains list) and finally start cashing in on all of that dues paying he has been doing for the past 15-20 years, all the while retirement is rapidly approaching. You can have that, it's not for me. I'll continue enjoying the benefits of seniority and a six figure income as long as it lasts. One and two day trips, north and south, one time zone and no snow or CB's. In the mean time I will continue to diversify my income so that I no longer need to live out of a suitcase part time.

Age 65 slips to 67, 70; a little grey at the temples Genny? A little silver on top?

Jonny, jonny, jonny. YOUR side of the industry is shrinking, big time. DL is cutting 147 50 seaters from DCI, and you only have a 4 year contract with AA for the others. When that is over, they too will go to the boneyard.

You say the MD90s and 717s are temporary. Sure they are, all planes are. The 717s have leases until 2025 that will be renewed until then via Boeing. The MD90s are the newer version of the MD88, and even those have at least 10 more years to go. Eventually those too will be replaced by 320neos or 737max planes. Another great thing about the DL contract is that it set up a ratio that was a lot more favorable towards mainline in the domestic arena. You can continue to try to pawn off your 50 seaters to other airlines, but sooner than later they will go away. We don't even know what the UAL contract will be, but I bet more 50s will be parked than 76 seaters being added. Throw in rest/fatigue rules getting rid of your CDO's, and new hiring standards with higher min hours required, and your industry will have significant challenges. Then all your buddies will go to the legacies to fill in for every old guy leaving. You will be the number 6 Capt at your airline, out of 7 left on your one CR7. The only guys staying until 70 will be regional guys with no retirement savings. Enjoy it, and your hotdog stand in Provo.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Jonny, jonny, jonny. YOUR side of the industry is shrinking, big time. DL is cutting 147 50 seaters from DCI, and you only have a 4 year contract with AA for the others. When that is over, they too will go to the boneyard.

You say the MD90s and 717s are temporary. Sure they are, all planes are. The 717s have leases until 2025 that will be renewed until then via Boeing. The MD90s are the newer version of the MD88, and even those have at least 10 more years to go. Eventually those too will be replaced by 320neos or 737max planes. Another great thing about the DL contract is that it set up a ratio that was a lot more favorable towards mainline in the domestic arena. You can continue to try to pawn off your 50 seaters to other airlines, but sooner than later they will go away. We don't even know what the UAL contract will be, but I bet more 50s will be parked than 76 seaters being added. Throw in rest/fatigue rules getting rid of your CDO's, and new hiring standards with higher min hours required, and your industry will have significant challenges. Then all your buddies will go to the legacies to fill in for every old guy leaving. You will be the number 6 Capt at your airline, out of 7 left on your one CR7. The only guys staying until 70 will be regional guys with no retirement savings. Enjoy it, and your hotdog stand in Provo.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I feel all smiley on the inside when I read this. It is the voice of someone trying to convince themselves that they are right.

No one knows what the airline industry will look like in five years, ten years, fifteen years let alone twenty. The one thing that is certain is that the future will not look like the past.

My prediction for the next decade; there will be another economic down turn (as if we ever recovered from the last one), there will be bankruptcies, there will be unforeseen events and probably another war.

If Obama is reelected, energy costs will continue to increase dramatically ( have to get those tundra dwellers to turn off the heat and those desert dwellers to turn off their A/C, lest the rest of the world be, 'Not OK with that'.

If Romney is elected energy prices will probably be at record lows by the end of the decade as we abandon wind and solar in favor of domestic drilling in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, ANWAR and in coastal waters, develop our vast natural gas reserves, pursue coal liquefaction. We need to stop contaminating our fuel with ethanol which is a loser every way you look at it.

Whoever is elected there will be corruption and scandals.

As for the airlines? One more legacy will probably be gone and several regionals will disappear until there are only two or three. The regionals will fly anything less than 125 seats. Genny Lee will still be an FO.

My well place hot dog stand in Provo will earn me about twice what a senior Southwest Captain makes, before I begin to franchise.

:D

Once again,
Genital Lee proves that the mentally impaired can be a pilot. Wages prove how this story will end, which has higher pay, regional or mainline? Which scale do you think management would prefer to pay? The question is how will they get the pay down to regional levels? Genny Lee and her sisters are so worried about their paychecks that they cannot see the writing on the walls at corporate. Management hates you more than a bad case of herpes, (which most managers have) except they cannot get rid of herpes, but can get rid of pilots, it just takes a little effort and time. The beauty of this is I am on Jenny's ignore list, so she will have to dust off OYS's screen name and rant from there.....

I feel all smiley on the inside when I read this. It is the voice of someone trying to convince themselves that they are right.

No one knows what the airline industry will look like in five years, ten years, fifteen years let alone twenty. The one thing that is certain is that the future will not look like the past.

My prediction for the next decade; there will be another economic down turn (as if we ever recovered from the last one), there will be bankruptcies, there will be unforeseen events and probably another war.

If Obama is reelected, energy costs will continue to increase dramatically ( have to get those tundra dwellers to turn off the heat and those desert dwellers to turn off their A/C, lest the rest of the world be, 'Not OK with that'.

If Romney is elected energy prices will probably be at record lows by the end of the decade as we abandon wind and solar in favor of domestic drilling in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, ANWAR and in coastal waters, develop our vast natural gas reserves, pursue coal liquefaction. We need to stop contaminating our fuel with ethanol which is a loser every way you look at it.

Whoever is elected there will be corruption and scandals.

As for the airlines? One more legacy will probably be gone and several regionals will disappear until there are only two or three. The regionals will fly anything less than 125 seats. Genny Lee will still be an FO.

My well place hot dog stand in Provo will earn me about twice what a senior Southwest Captain makes, before I begin to franchise.

:D

Jonny,

I can hold Capt now, but on planes I don't particularly want to fly. That's called variety. But, with retirements and expansion that is known, the 737 in ATL should be available soon, heck DL is getting an additional 100 739ERs starting next July at 3 per month, along with 3 717s from AirTran each month. Enjoy the hotdog stand in Provo, and maybe, just maybe, you can open up a second in Logan within 7 years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jonny,

I can hold Capt now, but on planes I don't particularly want to fly. That's called variety. But, with retirements and expansion that is known, the 737 in ATL should be available soon, heck DL is getting an additional 100 739ERs starting next July at 3 per month, along with 3 717s from AirTran each month. Enjoy the hotdog stand in Provo, and maybe, just maybe, you can open up a second in Logan within 7 years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There goes General again with his broken record BS.

As I've said many times, 100% of the senior Delta pilots I work with would not waste their time arguing on the internet with a bunch of regional pilots. As many others have pointed out, 100% of what comes out of Lee's keyboard is public knowledge he has been repeating since 1998. In fact, he's been on this forum bragging since 1998 that he's a senior Delta FO, so if he was telling the truth, he could hold any narrow body CA seat he wanted by now, with nearly 20 years of seniority. What, he wants us to believe he's holding out for 6ER or 777 CA for his initial upgrade? LMAO!

Lee is not, and never has been a Delta pilot. You all need to stop feeding the troll.

Glad I'm also on his ignore list. He will now post a quote that shows I'm on his ignore list, but of course, we all know he'll still click the view post button, because he can't help his loser phony self.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back