Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it is all over there will be ZERO Airtran Captains that give up their seat. What they say here to show support for their First Officers is just bull. They care about themselves. The junior First Officers will also vote yes to get away from Airtran. You now have 51%. In the real world nobody cares about anybody except their immediate family and themselves. When a pilot dies the first think you ask is what was his seniority number. If it was junior to you then you feel bad. If he was senior you move up one. That is life and you need to get use to it. I know it sounds cruel but that is the way it is. This goes for the SWA side also.

You just stated why I will vote no Comet. Because I care about my family FIRST. While I do sympathize with our FOs, my decision to vote no is based solely on MY perspective. It just so happens that it coincides with how most of our FOs are going to vote. They are not synonymous, just coincidental.

When it is all over there will be ZERO Airtran Captains that give up their seat. What they say here to show support for their First Officers is just bull. They care about themselves. The junior First Officers will also vote yes to get away from Airtran. You now have 51%. In the real world nobody cares about anybody except their immediate family and themselves. When a pilot dies the first think you ask is what was his seniority number. If it was junior to you then you feel bad. If he was senior you move up one. That is life and you need to get use to it. I know it sounds cruel but that is the way it is. This goes for the SWA side also.

Sad, but very true,

a pilot's worst enemy is another pilot

You just stated why I will vote no Comet. Because I care about my family FIRST. While I do sympathize with our FOs, my decision to vote no is based solely on MY perspective. It just so happens that it coincides with how most of our FOs are going to vote. They are not synonymous, just coincidental.

So if it passes then you will give up seat? Right. Will see. Just like Ty said there will not be any that give up their seat. Enough said on this subject.

Voting based on what's best for some other demographic is a fools errand in this business. Vote what's best for you and your family. Let the chips fall and move forward.

First world problems

So if it passes then you will give up seat? Right. Will see. Just like Ty said there will not be any that give up their seat. Enough said on this subject.

What I said is that it will be a slow arduous process watching my QOL slip away until I can't take it anymore and then likely give up my seat. No one can predict what's going to happen. But based on the "No growth" comments by GK during the 2nd quarter CC I would say that my predictions are valid at this point in time.

A_R_B_I_T_R_A_T_I_O_N! It worked for Frontier! And ATA! Ooopps, 0 for 2... Let EISCHEN work his magic, and THEN you can blame someone for real! Then you can get back to whining, complaining and talking smack about each other....its what pilots do!

to which OYS replied:

It did work for companies with the same sized planes, like Colgan (DH8-400s) with PNCL and Mesaba. It worked with USAir (relative after the top 500 due to some differences with international flying and some larger A330s). Frontier was not stapled to Republic, even though it did have a worse balance sheet. There just weren't 650 stapled pilots like the current SWA offer, at any of the recent arbitration awards. All of them seem more fair, but that is a choice the AT pilots need to make.

...Uh...if you think relative worked for USAir, then you're not grounded in reality. :erm:

I think what arbitration does, is prove that it doesn't work.

Last edited:

WE CAN'T GIVE UP OUR SEAT!!! If we do we have to wait for all SWA fos to upgrade before we can bid the left seat again. EVEN IF THEY ARE JUNIOR TO US!! If I could get the left seat when my seniority would hold it again then I would give it up for awhile. I don't have a choice because of the way the language is written.

WE CAN'T GIVE UP OUR SEAT!!! If we do we have to wait for all SWA fos to upgrade before we can bid the left seat again. EVEN IF THEY ARE JUNIOR TO US!! If I could get the left seat when my seniority would hold it again then I would give it up for awhile. I don't have a choice because of the way the language is written.

That is why no Airtran Captain will give up his seat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back