It's all the pilots fault.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Yeah my wife would love it if I moved to Columbus to live high on the hog for 37k.

Oh wait she can't move. But i can. Ooooh that's going to work out great.

You are whipped you will move wherever your wife tells you to. She calls all the shots

Ultra Grump said:
So you're saying that $37,000 per year for a turbojet captain flying the richest folks in the world is something we should be proud of, because 98% are receiving captain's pay? I made more as a regional FO. And depending where you live, on $37000 you may need food stamps.

Oh really? You made more as a regional FO? So where, pray tell, was that? Here's a sampling of 10 year FO rates at some of the regionals (courtesy of airlinepilotpay.com):

Chautauqua..........​
$30,600
American Eagle....$34,200
Comair.................$40,500
Pinnacle...............$32,400
ASA.....................$35,100

I also noticed you want to showcase the first year Captain rate for NetJets and compare it against a topped out FO at a regional, but you neglect to say how many pilots at NJA actually fall into that category (and are actually acting as a PIC)?

While I respect the pilots efforts to secure better pay through negotiations, your cause would be better served if you could at least discuss the FACTS on a level playing field instead of constantly presenting skewed data. This just serves to undermine your arguments when others post the underlying details.....which we all know will always happen.

Last edited:
Hogprint said:
You took this out of context. It was a comparison of non-union/union.
It was meant to reflect our current MEC.

Hogprint - that may be so, but the point is still valid.

I constantly see pilots running down the company and the former MEC and saying how bad everything was under the old regime, and then in another thread they defend their status by stating that they have superior work rules, schedules, with only marginally lower pay than their non-union counterparts.

Bottom line is that you cant cry pauper out of one side of your mouth and then boast about all the non-monetary advantages out of the other side.....its disingenuous and hypocritical.

FamilyGuy said:
Oh really? You made more as a regional FO? So where, pray tell, was that? Here's a sampling of 10 year FO rates at some of the regionals (courtesy of airlinepilotpay.com):

Chautauqua..........$30,600
American Eagle....$34,200
Comair.................$40,500
Pinnacle...............$32,400
ASA.....................$35,100
Let's see, smart guy, my W2 from my last full year at a regional (as an FO, and nowhere near year 10) says $38,152. Netjets capt pay year 1 (most of those pesky bypass guys) is $37,560. Unless my math teacher was an idiot, last time I checked $38,152 was greater than $37,560. Do you disagree?
I also noticed you want to showcase the first year Captain rate for NetJets and compare it against a topped out FO at a regional, but you neglect to say how many pilots at NJA actually fall into that category (and are actually acting as a PIC)?
You said:
you've got other pilots on here claiming that 98% of the pilots are receiving captains pay
You're the first person I've seen throw that number out there, but the only reason the number may be that high is because of bypass pay, and several hundred guys recently got on bypass pay, at $37,560 per year. Doesn't matter if they're acting as PIC or not, we are all type-rated and qualified to act as PIC in whichever plane we fly, and our tickets are on the line no matter which seat we're in. And I still don't recall stating anything about being a 10-year, topped-out FO... (hmm, reminds me of something someone said about skewed data and underlying details...)
While I respect the pilots efforts to secure better pay through negotiations, your cause would be better served if you could at least discuss the FACTS on a level playing field instead of constantly presenting skewed data. This just serves to undermine your arguments when others post the underlying details.....which we all know will always happen.
I said that I made more as a regional FO than as a $37,560 per year NetJets captain. That is not skewed data, that is a fact.

Ultra Grump said:
Let's see, smart guy, my W2 from my last full year at a regional (as an FO, and nowhere near year 10) says $38,152. Netjets capt pay year 1 (most of those pesky bypass guys) is $37,560. Unless my math teacher was an idiot, last time I checked $38,152 was greater than $37,560. Do you disagree?

You said:
You're the first person I've seen throw that number out there, but the only reason the number may be that high is because of bypass pay, and several hundred guys recently got on bypass pay, at $37,560 per year. Doesn't matter if they're acting as PIC or not, we are all type-rated and qualified to act as PIC in whichever plane we fly, and our tickets are on the line no matter which seat we're in. And I still don't recall stating anything about being a 10-year, topped-out FO... (hmm, reminds me of something someone said about skewed data and underlying details...)

I said that I made more as a regional FO than as a $37,560 per year NetJets captain. That is not skewed data, that is a fact.

So which regional and how many extra days or hours do you do of overtime?

FamilyGuy said:
Hogprint - that may be so, but the point is still valid.

I constantly see pilots running down the company and the former MEC and saying how bad everything was under the old regime, and then in another thread they defend their status by stating that they have superior work rules, schedules, with only marginally lower pay than their non-union counterparts.

Bottom line is that you cant cry pauper out of one side of your mouth and then boast about all the non-monetary advantages out of the other side.....its disingenuous and hypocritical.

I just wanted to point out that you were using a quote to bolster your argument out of context. That still stands.

I will stand by any statement that I've made as to comparisons of this MEC v/s the last MEC. They have done more for this pilot group in 9-10 months than the old regime did in three or four years. I think you would have to grudgingly agree?

I respectfully disagree with your last comment. We can surely cry pauper and thank the graces for what we have. That is the whole point of negotiating and working to better our situation.

I don't find that hypocritical at all. Just hard nosed negotiations.

FAcFriend said:
ultra

were you paid ot for the months you were overblock
You are not paid annual or monthly salaries. You are paid for flight hours. Those numbers posted for regionals are based on guarantee. They guarantee a minimum amount of work.

So like he said it doesn't matter. You bid lines. some lines have more work than the guarantee... you make more than the guarantee.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back