It's all the pilots fault.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAcFriend said:
And depending where you live, on $37000 you may need food stamps.

yes, grump but the lovely thing about NJA is that you can move to an area that offers better cost of living. Most people are tied to an area based on their job - you are not.

Yeah!

And the POSTA offered some really affordable places to live.

Dope.

Lord Wakefield said:
And the POSTA offered some really affordable places to live.

Especially given that if we had two pay scales, and five to ten years later we all had to move to one of the five Shangri La's!

Famguy said :

Can you guys at least be consistent in your arguments? Is everything bad as the above post claims or just the pay as the two below claim? Was the old union terrible and ineffective, or did they deliver on everything but pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogprint
Our union has delivered on most things, just not pay. The other frax best us only on pay, and it's just a couple of grand more a year.
You took this out of context. It was a comparison of non-union/union.
It was meant to reflect our current MEC.

FAcFriend said:
yes, grump but the lovely thing about NJA is that you can move to an area that offers better cost of living. Most people are tied to an area based on their job - you are not.

You must not be divorced with kids. Some of us do not have that option. I wouldn't leave my kids for any amount of money. So...I am stuck at this place because I am not exactly in aviation job central. Not everyone has the luxuries you seem to think we should ALL have.

Think outside the box for a minute. Some people are tied to an area based on their family.

FacFriend said:
Tell me, how much do you suppose it would cost to move a 2 bedroom houseful of stuff and a few vehicles from, say, SFO to somewhere with a "better cost of living," say, STL (the only "affordable" gateway)? How about moving all my friends and family as well? Wanna pay for my move? :rolleyes:

Yes we can move, but we should be paid enough so that we don't have to.

Yeah my wife would love it if I moved to Columbus to live high on the hog for 37k.

Oh wait she can't move. But i can. Ooooh that's going to work out great.

blame the top guys at your company for your low pay who paid for their jobs that didnt pay then or now. They are the ones that let management know that pilots are so stupid that they will pay thousands of dollars to come work for a low paying job just cause they love to fly so much. I only feel sorry for the bottom half of your senority list.... the rest can go cry with the commair guys.

Dixon Cider said:
You must not be divorced with kids. Some of us do not have that option. I wouldn't leave my kids for any amount of money. So...I am stuck at this place because I am not exactly in aviation job central. Not everyone has the luxuries you seem to think we should ALL have.

Think outside the box for a minute. Some people are tied to an area based on their family.

Dixon, this is a good point. Some are tied to areas because of medical care, others are tied to areas because of elderly parents etc. How much responsiblity does any corporation have to take care of all the individual needs of employees.

Obviously the benefit to live anywhere means nothing to you- no value added.
To someone else family medical insurance means nothing- no value added.

Are we to be all things to all people?

FacFriend opined:

How much responsiblity does any corporation have to take care of all the individual needs of employees.

In todays competitive market, they better do a darn well job of taking care of employees. There is no loyalty like there was twenty or thirty years ago. Also Gov regs are taking care of some things on the job (Family medical leave act, ect..).

Are we to be all things to all people?

If they plan on attracting as many pilots as they say, they are going to have to try.

nerdpilot said:
blame the top guys at your company for your low pay who paid for their jobs that didnt pay then or now. They are the ones that let management know that pilots are so stupid that they will pay thousands of dollars to come work for a low paying job just cause they love to fly so much. I only feel sorry for the bottom half of your senority list.... the rest can go cry with the commair guys.

Where did this brainiac zoom in from?:confused: Don't you have some soft field landings to practice somewhere?:eek:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back