• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It was fun while it lasted.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bushwick sorry to hear about your job loss. I'm in the same boat as you. We found out our company could no longer afford the airplane. Bank took back the bird, 3 good pilots and a mechanic all on the street, last April.

Was hoping I would hear back from NJ or XO, still nothing. I'm sensing it's a tough time right now to be searching for a job. With oil over $130 a barrell and airline layoffs, there are alot of folks on the street.

Keep networking, and keep your head up. Something positive will come out of it.

I'm sensing it's a tough time right now to be searching for a job. With oil over $130 a barrell and airline layoffs, there are alot of folks on the street.

Keep plugging away at it. While everyone in this side of the industry keeps worrying about all the airline pilot layoffs, many operators will only hire them if they can't find anyone else. They have been burned too many times by airline pilots who they train and type, who will leave immediately when they are recalled. So don't give up, there are jobs out there. You might have to move, but that is also part of the game.

So I just found out yesterday I may be loosing my job. 2 1/2 years, 1000 hours, an ATP, a type and a 135 checkride. It was fun while it lasted.

My dispatcher said the owner of the aircraft I fly is most likely going to be pulling his aircraft off of charter. They couldn't agree on an hourly rate for his Cj.

While I still fill in for the Citation 2 guys now and then it wont be enough work to keep my head above water.

My employer really likes me. The D.O. and the dispatcher are trying to work something out but I don't see it happening. They can't just create a new job without an airplane.

It's not exactly the best hiring climate out there. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

ATP
CE-525(s)

2000TT
1200 PIC
650 Multi Turbine

go to medical school.

Latest resources

Back