Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
So I just found out yesterday I may be loosing my job. 2 1/2 years, 1000 hours, an ATP, a type and a 135 checkride. It was fun while it lasted.

My dispatcher said the owner of the aircraft I fly is most likely going to be pulling his aircraft off of charter. They couldn't agree on an hourly rate for his Cj.

While I still fill in for the Citation 2 guys now and then it wont be enough work to keep my head above water.

My employer really likes me. The D.O. and the dispatcher are trying to work something out but I don't see it happening. They can't just create a new job without an airplane.

It's not exactly the best hiring climate out there. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

ATP
CE-525(s)

2000TT
1200 PIC
650 Multi Turbine

There are plenty of jobs out there. Just maybe not as good as the gig you currently have. Sentient is hiring in alot of bases & aircraft. Good luck!

Where are you located?? Good luck, losing a job certainly sucks. Im on my 4th since 2005!!

How does a 525 type enable you to "fill-in" on a 550 under 135?

650 MET (SIC?) in 30 months? How were you making it on 20 hours a month? Sounds like maybe the operator was boning the owner for full time and when the cost of gas increased, went to the owner and tried to up the already high operational cost for using his own airplane? Suddenly, it is more expensive with the commercial tax exemption than using his own plane and paying the taxes. You are probably better off finding another company anyway.

Operator's like that either cheat the customer (OWNER) or the employees to pocket the cash for themselves. Eventually, they run out of people to screw.

Without significant MET-PIC, you may have wasted 650 hours of your life in a type and SIC 135 ride that is really useless anywhere else. sorry.

You are not in Louisville are you? That guy is something else entirely. And no, the 550 time was not 135 although the customer was paying more than market rates after crew and gas were calculated.

Move along, nothing more to see there.

Find a nice 135 line job with PIC Turbine. Come back to corporate/135 after the economy settles down and you have 4-5k in TT and 500 PIC in each of a couple of types. Otherwise, bouncing around a couple of operators amassing 20 to 30 hour blocks of SIC in the 525 is really not going to get you anywhere competitively or fast.

Operator took your for a ride as well. I would have pounded rocks harder on more 550 time while you were there.

There are jobs, despite CNN and the other grim reapers that want to terrorize your family with their assessments of why Bush screwed the country, Lackluster and obscene management of 121 since deregulation had caused GA demand like never before. There are jobs. CJ orders and annual sales are declining because it was a bad product not because of the economy. Better alternatives are and have become available and people are opting for those over $3M -4 pax turbocharged slowtations. Reposition yourself to capitalize on the segments of the market that are growing.

And, Good luck,

100-1/2

There are plenty of jobs out there. Just maybe not as good as the gig you currently have. Sentient is hiring in a lot of bases & aircraft. Good luck!

Thanks. I looked at Sentients web page and the careers section. I didn't see anything under pilots. Looks like they are only hiring admin. What were you referring to?

try climbto350.com. There are a ton of light jet positions. I've personally found 2 prior jobs on this site. good luck

Latest resources

Back