Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Not only did the activation fee double, we have to pay additional for spouse/parents/travel companions.

What a great "benefit" -- not only is it nearly impossible to get a seat, we have to pay about as much as a ticket to even try!

Yup. It sucks.

'But it could suck more' is a terrible way to look at things, but it could.

I got a vacation coming up. I bought tickets.

Hey Delta,

Are ya gonna kiss me with this screw job!

Thanks,

701EV

Hmm...I know this sucks and would usually say "Well you could always be furloughed" but I think I'll just stick to:

That sucks mayne!

:crap:

Can you pay the $50 fee now for the following year, so you can at least bypass one year of increased fees? It says it goes into effect Jan 12th.

I personally would rather see this new activation fee increase over a price per mile structure. I think this is better for commuters.

Are any of the other DCI carriers doing this?

Anyone here see a trend?

1. ESPP "enhanced" to only give 5% discount at the closing date
  2. Service award dinner "enhanced" by giving out trinkets from a catalog after 10 years of service instead of a banquet
  3. Non-rev travel "enhanced" with quadruple+ what I am paying now
Have I missed a memo about the doors closing soon?

How about discontinuing these ridiculous ASA All-star posters and programs, followed by the endless newsletters from the GO outlining pointless news.

Stop talking to us like children. Don't put out an e-mail titled "ASA to enhance ESPP!" like it is good news and then tell us 3 paragraphs down that is is a reduction of benefits. Like last year "ASA negotiates deal to eliminate copay with UHC!!" and oh, by the way 3 paragraphs down, now you have a $20,000 deductable

Sorry....had to vent....rant over

Last edited:
I personally like how you can't pick and choose what family members to activate, or at least it seems that way.

My parents travel about once every two years. But I have no idea whenever they're traveling, so I guess I'll have to pay the full $217 or whatever it is.

To pay 200 a yr isn't bad if you fly four or five times a month, or commute and use the crap out of your benefits. But yes to those that never use them except once or twice a year it sucks.

Latest resources

Back