• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It keeps getting better, ASA nonrev fees increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I am thankful to be employed. Yes, I recognize that Delta pays ASA to fly for them. Yes, I realize that our benefits are cheaper than full price. But, my God--- I just think it's crazy that we have to buy our "benefits".

It wasn't enough that they squeeze our abused passengers with hidden baggage fees invisible to Travelocity and Priceline. Now they're going after US?!

Fu*k you Delta. Stay classy.

Southwest Coming to ATL

Yup. It sucks.

'But it could suck more' is a terrible way to look at things, but it could.

I got a vacation coming up. I bought tickets.

Heard on the Radio that Southwest is coming to Atl. Southwest is doing well in Denver and is planning the same in the ATL. I will support them a well run company with my hard earned cash

Typical stupid corporate America.

Extract $200 from each employee, lose lots more than that in decreased productivity/customer service from workers who feel cheated.

Well, it sucks if the fees are increased. However, on a happy note, I will be in ATL for CRJ 200 recurrent in the later part of January. I look forward to seeing my ASA buds and the nightly debrief at Spondivits!! On a more serious note, is B-52's still open?

Rum

P.S. And yes, I will be using my illegal ASA checklist that was supplied to me from a previous post, muhhahahahahaha!! (Dr. Evil voice)

How about NO fees?!

I personally would rather see this new activation fee increase over a price per mile structure. I think this is better for commuters.
:puke:

Wow...today's pilot is only all to happy to give, GIVE, GIVE! back everything those before them earned.

Pathetic:(

I personally would rather see this new activation fee increase over a price per mile structure. I think this is better for commuters.

Are any of the other DCI carriers doing this?

No KIDDING!

I'm so glad to have the looming threat of segment fees/per passenger/trip costs out from over my head!

We (the 5 of us) fly from ATL to ABQ 2-4 times a year. That would be about $2500/trip if we were paying for it.

The $212 annual fee I'll spend to be able to do it non-rev is no big deal.

I'm pretty sure for me, paying $212 once a year is going to be less than the total per mile/segment fees that would otherwise have been assessed.

Also, I'm really glad I'm able to go through life as a 'glass is half (or more) full' kind of guy.

Some of you folks seem really negative and discouraged.

I have a job with great benefits including extremely cheap air travel for me and my family, great medical benefits and a regular paycheck. My management does a great job and is responsive to my requests. I get terrific training and work under really fair work rules.

All this, and to top it off...I barely even have to go to work!

WTF would complain about that?

What a sense of entitlement.....

:puke:

Wow...today's pilot is only all to happy to give, GIVE, GIVE! back everything those before them earned.

Pathetic:(

If you want Delta benefits, get a Delta job! You were once owned by Delta, then sold. Most of you were more than happy, well, be happy then. You can't have it both ways. If I work for coke and deliver product to Walmart, should I get a 15% discount on everything Walmart sells?
I agree you should be able to fly next to free on ASA or Skywest, but why all the hostility to your CUSTOMER, Delta Airlines, who pays you to carry their pax at a cheaper rate than Mainline?

How about a segment fee for all flight EXCEPT for commuters who select 2 airports of their choce for commuting.

Latest resources

Back