• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It keeps getting better, ASA nonrev fees increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW We Deltoids are S-3C on any flight that is not mainline. For a guy like me it makes getting to MKE very difficult.

And thats ALOT of flights these days, especially with so many 900s, 175s running around. The grass isn't always greener folks....

Personally for me, it's not as much about the $200 as it is about a further erosion of benefits. It's not very easy to non-rev anywhere these days because of the changes to our priority instituted a while back. The increase to our health insurance premiums, degradation of the ESPP etc... We as employees are suffering through this recession too. I am grateful to have a job, but little things like that go a long way in keeping morale up. We aren't going to have any customers left if the pilots and FA's are pissed off all the time.

Personally for me, it's not as much about the $200 as it is about a further erosion of benefits. It's not very easy to non-rev anywhere these days because of the changes to our priority instituted a while back. The increase to our health insurance premiums, degradation of the ESPP etc... We as employees are suffering through this recession too. I am grateful to have a job, but little things like that go a long way in keeping morale up. We aren't going to have any customers left if the pilots and FA's are pissed off all the time.

Maybe they need to implement the fee per mile and/or fee per segment fees for a one month trial period. Im pretty sure the ranting about the $200 bucks will come to a screeching halt.

Maybe they need to implement the fee per mile and/or fee per segment fees for a one month trial period. Im pretty sure the ranting about the $200 bucks will come to a screeching halt.

OK...so then where do you draw the line personally? Are you willing to pay $300...$400...or more per year?

Maybe so 777...or how bout this idea--it's like it was a few years ago when it was basically FREE. I agree with Stifler's Mom-where do you draw the line? Are you willing to just let them increase it over and over again or what is your personal limit? And I think you missed my point that it's not exactly the $200 a year that makes me mad, but the fact that they keep finding new ways to stick it to us the employees.

Last edited:
I trust that getting stuck for these new fees will not cause any employee to lessen his/her "professionalism" or motivation to go the "extra mile" and save additional costs by, say, single engine taxi, requesting direct, flying at any altitude other than filed, or taxiing onto the ramp without the required wing walkers.

Seems to me, a pilot who did not remain "professional" might cost many multiples of this fee during a SINGLE flight. Pilots are not the only ones that should remain "professional". The required wing walkers, who also got hit, may be busy servicing other aircraft or otherwise not be immediately available as the inbound aircraft burns XX gallons of fuel per minute.

Maybe so 777...or how bout this idea--it's like it was a few years ago when it was basically FREE. I agree with Stifler's Mom-where do you draw the line? Are you willing to just let them increase it over and over again or what is your personal limit? And I think you missed my point that it's not exactly the $200 a year that makes me mad, but the fact that they keep finding new ways to stick it to us the employees.

We don't draw the line. Our management does. And I believe they saved us mucho dinero by not allowing fee per segment and/or per mile to be implemented. If that had happened then I would have been right there with you guys crying foul.

But when we're still able to fly first class across the ocean in a $5,000 plus seat multiple times a year for $200 no one from other airlines or the public is going to have any sympathy for us.

Me personally, I'm cool with spending the $200 bucks. And I didn't even break 24k last year...

Oh and where would I draw the line? $300 bucks.

Wow.....

I trust that getting stuck for these new fees will not cause any employee to lessen his/her "professionalism" or motivation to go the "extra mile" and save additional costs by, say, single engine taxi, requesting direct, flying at any altitude other than filed, or taxiing onto the ramp without the required wing walkers.

Seems to me, a pilot who did not remain "professional" might cost many multiples of this fee during a SINGLE flight. Pilots are not the only ones that should remain "professional". The required wing walkers, who also got hit, may be busy servicing other aircraft or otherwise not be immediately available as the inbound aircraft burns XX gallons of fuel per minute.

Is this the current generation of pilots thinking, taking your own work ethic, professionalism, and pettiness over a benefit that I personally believe is better than any other regional out there.
You are owned by Skywest. For that matter, your seats are owned and paid for by Delta. The fact that ASA gets nonrev on DAL other than ID90 is a gift from heaven.

IF YOU WANT MAINLINE TRAVEL BENNIES, then get a mainline job! You already have jumpseat for yourself, so either pay for the family or get a job that affords the family travel bennies.

Threatening a job action over a benefit that should be truly eliminated if the shareholders knew better, is childish at best, and completely unprofessional.

Latest resources

Back