• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Israeli consul denied seat on U.S. flt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not defending or condeming the Captain in this incident, but after reading all your posts, I just have to ask this question.

IF the passenger denied boarding had be Yasser Arafat, Plaestinian President instead of Alon Pinkas, Israeli Consul General, would all your posts be the same or would they change?

Be honest now, if not here in public at least with yourself.

surplus1 said:
Be honest now, if not here in public at least with yourself.

Your darn-tootened my posts would be the same! I've argued on this board many times about how wrong it was for "Middle-Eastern" looking people to be booted off planes during the weeks post 9/11. That Secret Service guy who got p.o.'ed and got booted off -- the whole thing started just because he was reading a book about the Middle East. Fear and paranoia ruled instead of logic and prudence. I'm a card-carrying member of the ACLU so you can imagine that I don't take sides when it comes to civil liberties.

To be honest I think Arafat should be shot on sight but if he were on my airplane then I'd do my job like any other time.

As far as I am concern if it was Arafat ,I would shake his hand, and give him the best seat in the house.

FRENCHY-yr mate ARAFAT has a record of hijacking and shooting civilian planes ships buses etc.,thru many years that make BIN LADEN look like mother theresa,remember when his men hijacked a cruise ship and threw overboard an elderly AMERICAN in a wheel chair,MR CLINGHOFFER WILL BE REMEMBERED and people who shake the the murderers hand will probably one day face the truth!

My dear friend I was in the middle east for 3 1/2 years in the army , and who today is a criminal tommorow may be your friend.
Sometimes you have to look a little farther to see the thruth.
If you look at the history of the middle east massacres have been commited by both sides but we only talk about one.
Stop watching CNN and take every word for gold!!!.
I met Arafat and Sharon in 76 and both have a lot of blood on their hands, stuff that most civilians don't realize.
I am not scare of facing the thruth I have been there , have you??

FRENCHY-yr mate ARAFAT is responsible more than anyone for aviation security,or should I say insecurity.Any war gets ugly and if you are looking for massacres of civilians-to name a few-HIROSHIMA,NAGASAKI,DREZDEN,AUSHWITZ,any country that the BRITISH ruled etc.But if today the IRISH will bomb a few BRITISH AIRWAYS and a few of those london buses I wouldnt shake their hands and trying to justify such action would not be endorsed by too many pilots or bus drivers worldwide! I always get worried when someone calls me -friend,and yes i have been there,a wee bit more than you!

Airline pilots should not be concerned with who is on the airplane. Passengers are cattle and airplanes are cattle-cars. Security and screening starts and ends within the airport boundries. Unfortunatley, we "pilots" are going to have to be security agents also if the ground personnel can't get their act together and stop potentially dangerous passengers from boarding airplanes.

Last edited:
Desert pilot

The US is a free country , you do not have to embrace my beliefs, but vice-versa, what I know and have seen will not be discussed on this message board for many obvious reasons.

TWA Dude said:

To be honest I think Arafat should be shot on sight but if he were on my airplane then I'd do my job like any other time.

And how do you feel about Ariel Sharon?

Latest resources

Back