Israeli consul denied seat on U.S. flt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chaw,

I was only pulling your chain a little. I'm often called a Frog and don't take it as an insult. In fact I'm quite proud of that ancestry. Maybe frenchy is more sensitive, though.

chawbein said:

The pilot obviously felt that carrying a high ranking Israeli official on his airplane posed an unnecessary risk to the airplane. Think about it, how hard is it to blow up an airplane????? Not very! As far as if Arafat was on an airplane, you wouldn't have to worry about it because the Israeli government doesn't blow up airplanes filled with innocent people. I agree that the risk was negligible and I probably wouldn't have made the same decision.

Perhaps you're not as aware of the Israeli history as others. Don't believe everything you hear on FOX news. The spin doesn't really stop there, in fact there is more "spin" there than anywhere else.

As someone beat me to the punch in pointing out, the Israeli air force attacked an American military vessle in the Med and killed many innocent American sailors. They said it was a "mistake". Sure. If one of those dead young sailors was my kid, I wouldn't see it as a "mistake". They have also shot down airliners with civilians on board. When they were attempting to establish the state of Israel, they engaged in terrorism of many varieties.

I'm not in favor or against the Captain's decision. I don't know enough about it to choose sides. Read what enigma wrote, he is 100% correct.

However, I admit openly that I would be just as concerned about the safety of my airplane and my passengers if I had among them a highly level Israeli official or a high level Palestinian official. Those people hate each other and I have no idea what either of them would do if they thought it necessary. I see their presence as a threat.

I don't favor either one of them and do not wish to participate in their war with each other on any terms.

Flame me if you wish, but I also do not agree with my government's official position in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. We are not impartial brokers of peace. We clearly support the Israelis no matter what they do. I don't agree with that.

That's thread creap so I'll shut up.

Don't judge the Captain until we know why he made his decision. That's the bottom line.

PS. I have no French rifles but I can sing the Marseillaise, in French. That help?

Last edited:
surplus1,

You forgot to mention all the attrocities commited by muslim exstremists against our country. I agree Israel has made some big mistakes, but so has the other side. Palestinians have attacked the American military and civilians on several occasions.

April 18, 1983, Beirut, Lebanon. A truck-bomb detonated by a remote control exploded in front of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, killing 63 employees, including the CIA's Middle East director, and wounding 120. Hizballah, with financial backing from Iran, was responsible for the attack.

October 23, 1983, Beirut, Lebanon. A truck loaded with a bomb crashed into the lobby of the U.S. Marines headquarters in Beirut, killing 241 soldiers and wounding 81. The attack was carried out by Hizballah with the help of Syrian intelligence and financed by Iran.

April 12, 1984, Torrejon, Spain. Hizballah bombed a restaurant near an U.S. Air Force base in Torrejon, Spain, killing 18 servicemen and wounding 83 people.

Also TWA flight 847 that was hijacked and the Arab-Palestinian, Sirhan Sirhan, who shot Kennedy dead. There are literally hundres of these types of examples.

Also, Israel has shot down ONE airliner, not airliners (plural). And, as horrible as the attack of the USS Liberty was, I can't find any information that shows it wasn't a mistake, just some speculation.

asacap,

I agree with you. Remember what I said? I'll say it again.

I don't favor either one of them and do not wish to participate in their war with each other on any terms.

Now, when it comes to the people that attacked us on 9-11, that's a whole different ball game. Whatever we do to them and the sooner we do, I'm a happy camper.

That has nothing to do with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. They were not Palestinians, they were Saudis and Egyptians.

HERE'S THE QUOTE-

"Hey Dep676 & Acestick,
If the Captain refused to fly Hispanics, African Americans, or Catholics, would you still support him? The captain had no logical reasoning when he made this decision. It is much more than just hurting the feelings of a few foreigners. This is predjudice and bigitry. I don't beieve the FAR's include this in the PIC authority"

Maybe you have been asleep for the last 10 years, but people from the middle east don't exactly have us on their Christmas card list...They hate us and everything about us, and the proof lies in the 2 attacks on the world trade center, the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole, and countless suicide bombers destroying U.S. Military barracks around the world...

Your telling me the captain had no logical reason???
Welcome to the new united states...If your from the middle east, you are gonna get profiled whether you like it or not...And you **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well should because every terrorist attack done against the U.S. and its military have been carried out by people from guess where??

The middle east!!!

Europe has a long history of arabs extremist and bombs, in the US we are not use to this and it was an eye opener.
I spent years in N Africa and I have seen both sides , the one thing I can say is that they are all guilty, the israelis are champions for blaming the otherside, when they carried the attack themselves, and the arabs are no saint, nevertheless I have some friends from the middle east that cannot be compare to the extremist .I strongly reccomend that we do not condemm everybody because of their religion.
Hey Chaw which rifles do you have???

Latest resources

Back