• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys may be waiting for awhile.
They still have not sent letters from the Aug
interview group.
All we heard was, "Sorry, we are still behind in sending
out the letters."

Anyone know if Aloha is still interviewing?

I suspect AQ hiring has stopped for awhile. The AQ-HAL cooperation leaves too many pilots on both sides. In a classy move, AQ has decided to carry extra pilots rather than furlough. Preferential bidding for bases coupled with a decrease in inter-island lines has caused a minor shuffle in the ranks. Some flying mainland routes have been displaced back to the -200 by more senior pilots wanting better lines. Those displaced will return to the -700 base as a/c and routes are added. Meanwhile, -200 base is overstaffed with nearly 100% reserve coverage. Hear their is also a small pool awaiting a class. Whether it gets a class, stays in tact, or is purged remains to be seen. But once again, my personal opinion is that hiring has stopped for awhile.

Well hiring may have stopped for now, but I heard they are getting 11 new airplanes next year.They will have to start up again if that happens.

Hiring

Anyone know what percentage of new hires at Aloha come from Island Air. (ie. what kind of attrition might they see) Hopefully some of you guys drowning in the pool at I.A. might get a class date soon!!!

Don't know that percentage, but I have heard that basically anyone from IA that is interested in Aloha, will get an interview
sooner or later. And in the last year they hired 20 out 22 that interviewed. We just need them to start hiring.

Hog - Where did you hear the eleven planes thing? Find it hard to believe we could more than double our fleet in a single year, but would be great if it were true. Gate space in HNL, available destinations, and establishing service at those destinations all work against such a rapid expansion.

Well I heard it from several people that say they have friends at Aloha. There is some info on the "majors" board.
One guy said they got a new plane this week with 2 more coming soon. I heard the plan is to increase mainland routes.

Latest resources

Back